Guild creation

HI i have a question
May be this question is in the faq and then i will apologize but it is an
easy one so may be someone can tell me the answer.
How do you create a guild on swg. I mean technically ??
Just buying a guild hall ??? or something else ??

Thanks to aswer ot me..
9 answers Last reply
More about guild creation
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Manu" <emmanuel.sotto.dont.spam@free.fr> wrote in message
    > HI i have a question
    > May be this question is in the faq and then i will apologize but it is an
    > easy one so may be someone can tell me the answer.
    > How do you create a guild on swg. I mean technically ??
    > Just buying a guild hall ??? or something else ??
    >
    > Thanks to aswer ot me..

    You must purchase a guild hall for the planet you wish your guild to be
    based upon, or simply purchase a generic guild hall. Most run between 300k
    to 400k credits and are quite expensive to maintain. The guild hall will
    have a Guild Terminal that the administrator(s) can access to create the
    guild, disband the guild, add or kick players, and change privelages. You
    must have at least five players enrolled otherwise the guild will disband
    after one week/

    --
    Maestro Sartori <GEEKO>
    Warrant Officer I in the Imperial Army, Tarquinas

    Zacharias <GEEKO>
    Imperial Private, Tarquinas
    Master Doctor and Artisan 0/0/2/4
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Just like to add - A Guild requires 9 (yes, nine) lots to place.
    Also, an Architect can craft you one.

    "Galilee" <galileebarbarossa@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Manu" <emmanuel.sotto.dont.spam@free.fr> wrote in message
    > > HI i have a question
    > > May be this question is in the faq and then i will apologize but it is
    an
    > > easy one so may be someone can tell me the answer.
    > > How do you create a guild on swg. I mean technically ??
    > > Just buying a guild hall ??? or something else ??
    > >
    > > Thanks to aswer ot me..
    > >

    > You must purchase a guild hall for the planet you wish your guild to be
    > based upon, or simply purchase a generic guild hall. Most run between
    300k
    > to 400k credits and are quite expensive to maintain. The guild hall will
    > have a Guild Terminal that the administrator(s) can access to create the
    > guild, disband the guild, add or kick players, and change privelages. You
    > must have at least five players enrolled otherwise the guild will disband
    > after one week/
    >
    > --
    > Maestro Sartori <GEEKO>
    > Warrant Officer I in the Imperial Army, Tarquinas
    > Commando 3/2/4/0 and Smuggler 0/2/0/0
    >
    > Zacharias <GEEKO>
    > Imperial Private, Tarquinas
    > Master Doctor and Artisan 0/0/2/4

  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Yeah what is with the 9 lots for a Guild Hall? It pretty much prohibits the
    Guild Leader from doing anything else. Unless I am missing something, is
    there a way for people to donate lots to the guild so that say 9 different
    people would only lose 1 lot each?

    Cheers
    TC

    "dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > Just like to add - A Guild requires 9 (yes, nine) lots to place.
    > Also, an Architect can craft you one.
    >
    > "Galilee" <galileebarbarossa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Manu" <emmanuel.sotto.dont.spam@free.fr> wrote in message
    > > > HI i have a question
    > > > May be this question is in the faq and then i will apologize but it is
    > an
    > > > easy one so may be someone can tell me the answer.
    > > > How do you create a guild on swg. I mean technically ??
    > > > Just buying a guild hall ??? or something else ??
    > > >
    > > > Thanks to aswer ot me..
    > > >

    > > You must purchase a guild hall for the planet you wish your guild to be
    > > based upon, or simply purchase a generic guild hall. Most run between
    > 300k
    > > to 400k credits and are quite expensive to maintain. The guild hall
    will
    > > have a Guild Terminal that the administrator(s) can access to create the
    > > guild, disband the guild, add or kick players, and change privelages.
    You
    > > must have at least five players enrolled otherwise the guild will
    disband
    > > after one week/
    > >
    > > --
    > > Maestro Sartori <GEEKO>
    > > Warrant Officer I in the Imperial Army, Tarquinas
    > > Commando 3/2/4/0 and Smuggler 0/2/0/0
    > >
    > > Zacharias <GEEKO>
    > > Imperial Private, Tarquinas
    > > Master Doctor and Artisan 0/0/2/4

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > Just like to add - A Guild requires 9 (yes, nine) lots to place.
    > Also, an Architect can craft you one.

    Tat PA Halls are only 8 lots... yeah, not a huge difference, but still a
    difference.

    - Oalan
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Yeah what is with the 9 lots for a Guild Hall? It pretty much prohibits
    the
    > Guild Leader from doing anything else. Unless I am missing something, is
    > there a way for people to donate lots to the guild so that say 9 different
    > people would only lose 1 lot each?
    >
    > Cheers
    > TC
    >
    > "dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > > Just like to add - A Guild requires 9 (yes, nine) lots to place.
    > > Also, an Architect can craft you one.
    > >
    > > "Galilee" <galileebarbarossa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > "Manu" <emmanuel.sotto.dont.spam@free.fr> wrote in message
    > > an

    > > > You must purchase a guild hall for the planet you wish your guild to
    be
    > > > based upon, or simply purchase a generic guild hall. Most run between
    > > 300k
    > > > to 400k credits and are quite expensive to maintain. The guild hall
    > will
    > > > have a Guild Terminal that the administrator(s) can access to create
    the
    > > > guild, disband the guild, add or kick players, and change privelages.
    > You
    > > > must have at least five players enrolled otherwise the guild will
    > disband
    > > > after one week/
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Maestro Sartori <GEEKO>
    > > > Warrant Officer I in the Imperial Army, Tarquinas
    > > > Commando 3/2/4/0 and Smuggler 0/2/0/0
    > > >
    > > > Zacharias <GEEKO>
    > > > Imperial Private, Tarquinas
    > > > Master Doctor and Artisan 0/0/2/4

    I don't think they can contribute to the guild hall lots but they could
    contribute lots for the leaders house or harvesters by adding the leader to
    the admin list and leaving it for them to pay the maintenance.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    >> is
    >> there a way for people to donate lots to the guild so that say 9 different
    >> people would only lose 1 lot each?
    >
    >I don't think they can contribute to the guild hall lots but they could
    >contribute lots for the leaders house or harvesters by adding the leader to
    >the admin list and leaving it for them to pay the maintenance.

    The PA hall is required for creating the guild, and once the guild
    exists, is not required for anything but access to the terminal. Using
    ANY terminal where the owner is in your guild (or, I believe if you have
    admin access) allows you to do guild maint.

    So, the best thing to do is arrange a cross-server trade, and swap
    out your 9 lots by /transferowner to the new person. Have them
    add you to the admin and do the same on their server. Keep the
    maintenance paid, and voila, 9 lots back.

    stef

    --
    email: stef%swcp.com
    Stunt Programmers Industries

    >Tat PA Halls are only 8 lots... yeah, not a huge difference, but still a
    >difference.

    They're 7 lots. Even better.

    stef

    --
    email: stef%swcp.com
    Stunt Programmers Industries
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    >The PA hall is required for creating the guild, and once the guild
    >exists, is not required for anything but access to the terminal. Using
    >ANY terminal where the owner is in your guild (or, I believe if you have
    >admin access) allows you to do guild maint.

    I forgot to add, invite the person that's holding the lots into your
    guild, too.

    Just to make this VERY CLEAR. Once your guild is created, the new
    owner of your hall cannot do anything like disband your guild. They
    have no powers unless you assign them.

    stef

    --
    email: stef%swcp.com
    Stunt Programmers Industries
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    "Stef" <stef@swcp.com> wrote in message
    > >Tat PA Halls are only 8 lots... yeah, not a huge difference, but
    still a
    > >difference.
    >
    > They're 7 lots. Even better.

    Oops... Guess I screwed up. Thanks for the clarification.

    - Oalan

Games Video Games