manu

HI i have a question
May be this question is in the faq and then i will apologize but it is an
easy one so may be someone can tell me the answer.
How do you create a guild on swg. I mean technically ??
Just buying a guild hall ??? or something else ??

Thanks to aswer ot me..

"Manu" <emmanuel.sotto.dont.spam@free.fr> wrote in message
> HI i have a question
> May be this question is in the faq and then i will apologize but it is an
> easy one so may be someone can tell me the answer.
> How do you create a guild on swg. I mean technically ??
> Just buying a guild hall ??? or something else ??
>
> Thanks to aswer ot me..

You must purchase a guild hall for the planet you wish your guild to be
based upon, or simply purchase a generic guild hall. Most run between 300k
to 400k credits and are quite expensive to maintain. The guild hall will
have a Guild Terminal that the administrator(s) can access to create the
guild, disband the guild, add or kick players, and change privelages. You
must have at least five players enrolled otherwise the guild will disband
after one week/

--
Maestro Sartori <GEEKO>
Warrant Officer I in the Imperial Army, Tarquinas

Zacharias <GEEKO>
Imperial Private, Tarquinas
Master Doctor and Artisan 0/0/2/4

Dak

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003

Just like to add - A Guild requires 9 (yes, nine) lots to place.
Also, an Architect can craft you one.

"Galilee" <galileebarbarossa@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "Manu" <emmanuel.sotto.dont.spam@free.fr> wrote in message
> > HI i have a question
> > May be this question is in the faq and then i will apologize but it is
an
> > easy one so may be someone can tell me the answer.
> > How do you create a guild on swg. I mean technically ??
> > Just buying a guild hall ??? or something else ??
> >
> > Thanks to aswer ot me..
> >

> You must purchase a guild hall for the planet you wish your guild to be
> based upon, or simply purchase a generic guild hall. Most run between
300k
> to 400k credits and are quite expensive to maintain. The guild hall will
> have a Guild Terminal that the administrator(s) can access to create the
> guild, disband the guild, add or kick players, and change privelages. You
> must have at least five players enrolled otherwise the guild will disband
> after one week/
>
> --
> Maestro Sartori <GEEKO>
> Warrant Officer I in the Imperial Army, Tarquinas
> Commando 3/2/4/0 and Smuggler 0/2/0/0
>
> Zacharias <GEEKO>
> Imperial Private, Tarquinas
> Master Doctor and Artisan 0/0/2/4

Yeah what is with the 9 lots for a Guild Hall? It pretty much prohibits the
Guild Leader from doing anything else. Unless I am missing something, is
there a way for people to donate lots to the guild so that say 9 different
people would only lose 1 lot each?

Cheers
TC

"dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Just like to add - A Guild requires 9 (yes, nine) lots to place.
> Also, an Architect can craft you one.
>
> "Galilee" <galileebarbarossa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Manu" <emmanuel.sotto.dont.spam@free.fr> wrote in message
> > > HI i have a question
> > > May be this question is in the faq and then i will apologize but it is
> an
> > > easy one so may be someone can tell me the answer.
> > > How do you create a guild on swg. I mean technically ??
> > > Just buying a guild hall ??? or something else ??
> > >
> > > Thanks to aswer ot me..
> > >

> > You must purchase a guild hall for the planet you wish your guild to be
> > based upon, or simply purchase a generic guild hall. Most run between
> 300k
> > to 400k credits and are quite expensive to maintain. The guild hall
will
> > have a Guild Terminal that the administrator(s) can access to create the
> > guild, disband the guild, add or kick players, and change privelages.
You
> > must have at least five players enrolled otherwise the guild will
disband
> > after one week/
> >
> > --
> > Maestro Sartori <GEEKO>
> > Warrant Officer I in the Imperial Army, Tarquinas
> > Commando 3/2/4/0 and Smuggler 0/2/0/0
> >
> > Zacharias <GEEKO>
> > Imperial Private, Tarquinas
> > Master Doctor and Artisan 0/0/2/4

"dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> Just like to add - A Guild requires 9 (yes, nine) lots to place.
> Also, an Architect can craft you one.

Tat PA Halls are only 8 lots... yeah, not a huge difference, but still a
difference.

- Oalan

"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yeah what is with the 9 lots for a Guild Hall? It pretty much prohibits
the
> Guild Leader from doing anything else. Unless I am missing something, is
> there a way for people to donate lots to the guild so that say 9 different
> people would only lose 1 lot each?
>
> Cheers
> TC
>
> "dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> > Just like to add - A Guild requires 9 (yes, nine) lots to place.
> > Also, an Architect can craft you one.
> >
> > "Galilee" <galileebarbarossa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Manu" <emmanuel.sotto.dont.spam@free.fr> wrote in message
> > an

> > > You must purchase a guild hall for the planet you wish your guild to
be
> > > based upon, or simply purchase a generic guild hall. Most run between
> > 300k
> > > to 400k credits and are quite expensive to maintain. The guild hall
> will
> > > have a Guild Terminal that the administrator(s) can access to create
the
> > > guild, disband the guild, add or kick players, and change privelages.
> You
> > > must have at least five players enrolled otherwise the guild will
> disband
> > > after one week/
> > >
> > > --
> > > Maestro Sartori <GEEKO>
> > > Warrant Officer I in the Imperial Army, Tarquinas
> > > Commando 3/2/4/0 and Smuggler 0/2/0/0
> > >
> > > Zacharias <GEEKO>
> > > Imperial Private, Tarquinas
> > > Master Doctor and Artisan 0/0/2/4

I don't think they can contribute to the guild hall lots but they could
contribute lots for the leaders house or harvesters by adding the leader to
the admin list and leaving it for them to pay the maintenance.

Stef

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

>> is
>> there a way for people to donate lots to the guild so that say 9 different
>> people would only lose 1 lot each?
>
>I don't think they can contribute to the guild hall lots but they could
>contribute lots for the leaders house or harvesters by adding the leader to
>the admin list and leaving it for them to pay the maintenance.

The PA hall is required for creating the guild, and once the guild
exists, is not required for anything but access to the terminal. Using
ANY terminal where the owner is in your guild (or, I believe if you have
admin access) allows you to do guild maint.

So, the best thing to do is arrange a cross-server trade, and swap
out your 9 lots by /transferowner to the new person. Have them
add you to the admin and do the same on their server. Keep the
maintenance paid, and voila, 9 lots back.

stef

--
email: stef%swcp.com
Stunt Programmers Industries

Stef

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

>Tat PA Halls are only 8 lots... yeah, not a huge difference, but still a
>difference.

They're 7 lots. Even better.

stef

--
email: stef%swcp.com
Stunt Programmers Industries

Stef

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

>The PA hall is required for creating the guild, and once the guild
>exists, is not required for anything but access to the terminal. Using
>ANY terminal where the owner is in your guild (or, I believe if you have
>admin access) allows you to do guild maint.

I forgot to add, invite the person that's holding the lots into your
guild, too.

Just to make this VERY CLEAR. Once your guild is created, the new
owner of your hall cannot do anything like disband your guild. They
have no powers unless you assign them.

stef

--

"Stef" <stef@swcp.com> wrote in message
> >Tat PA Halls are only 8 lots... yeah, not a huge difference, but
still a
> >difference.
>
> They're 7 lots. Even better.

Oops... Guess I screwed up. Thanks for the clarification.

- Oalan