Good PC to buy?

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Well, it depends upon what you will be using this PC for. As a gaming machine, its lacking in the video card deptartment, but beyond that it should handle anything you want to do and is likely overkill for most tasks except gaming and video editing.

Exhonour

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
I do everything from emailing/websurfing to messing around with 3d modeling, and simple gaming (mostly free mmorpgs that dont have high reqs), and games like COD4, CSS, etc. I wont call myself a serios gamer, i play often but not the best and the greatest stuff.

Heres a few replies that confuse me (from yahoo answers):
[cpp]I don't know if you'd be satisfied with the performance. The OS is 32 bit, not utilizing all of the computing power you have. The memory is of unknown quality (sure you have 4 gig, but if it's slow, it won't help much). And the hard drive is SATA not SATA 2, slowing things down even more. This machine is meant to be upgraded later. If you're willing to upgrade it someday, then yes, it's a good machine.

I'd find out more about the chipset before I decided. [/cpp]
Where exatly does it show the OS is 32bit, and whats the difference? Is there different types of memory, the one on this PC isnt even shown...

One more:
[cpp]AMD CPUs currently lag way behind Intel in terms of performance even rated at a similar speed they will under perform against an Intel.
On the flip Side they are cheaper and to be perfectly honest a quad core is a lot more CPU power than a general home PC user will ever need or use. Serious gamers that's a different story.

ATI cards are fine and are more or less on par with NVidia, it really comes down to preference
4 gigs of RAM sounds great but unless you are going to be using windows vista 64 bit you will not be able to use it. Windows XP and Vista 32 bit can only address approx GB the remainder will not be available to you.[/cpp]
Again im confused with the 64 bit stuff, where does it show?

Exhonour

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
Forgot to mention, im using an intel celeron d processor with 1 gig ram, and 7600 GS nvidia card. Isint this x200 upgrade for me? I used to play COD4, etc fine with that PC, im just looking for a faster processor, a bit better card, more ram.

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
Assusming you have monitors / keyboard etc from your current computer you could make a better computer then this for the 650$ that it costs if you want to go that route

kyeana

Distinguished
May 21, 2008
The difference between 32 and 64 bit OS's is that 32 bit can only recognize 4 gigs or ram (in reality its even less then that, around 3.4 gigs) where as 64 bit OS's can utilize much more ram (not sure what the exact number is but its high enough that you shouldn't have to worry about it).

When they are talking about different types of memory they are talking about the speeds at which the memory runs (667, 800, 1066, etc). If you aren't planning on doing any overclocking then the speed of the ram wont make a big difference to your system performance.

Exhonour

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
I thouhgt they meant the memory type: DDR2 or w/e because it sisint indicated there... Where does it show that this PC is 32 bit?

Overall is it a good system? Good processor? Card?

Exhonour

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2008
If anyone can, please help me look for a cheaper PC then that is quite equal this.. Id appreciate that. I thouhgt this was a very good system for the money.
Im only looking at .ca sites.

Heres a pretty equal system:
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10107120&catid=
Weaker card I think, but an intel processor, less RAM.

San Pedro

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
If you're willing to build yourself you can make sure you get better components.

A 64 bit OS can address all your system memory. A 32bit OS can only address 4gb of total memory including video RAM and other components.

The 3650 isn't really much of a gaming card, ATI and Nvidia both make great video cards, but this isn't one of them. You'll be playing on medium-low settings at 1280x1024, if you're using a bigger monitor it definitely won't cut the mustard.

The only 640gb hard drive I know of is the Western Digital one, and it's a really good drive.

On your own:
Vista Home Premium ~$90
P45 motherboard ~90-110$
Q6600 CPU ~200$
ATI 4850 ~150$
WD 640gb HD ~90$
Quality PSU ~75$
Cooler Master Centurion 5 case ~50$

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
look it is not a bad system but you could do much better yourself or from dell/hp for that price, like the above said, you could get

P45
q9300 or q6600 (former is my favourtie but not allot in them)
hd4850 this will actually impress you when running games rather than just play em.

im sure dell could sort that out for you; that would be a GOOD system and the x200 your after.

phemon is much to sing and dance after and i would recommned athlon over it. a 3650 is that specially either. building a PC is so easy.