AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
So in my signature you might see the 1.8GHz O/Ced to 2.28. The RAM is O/Ced as well since it is a software overclock. Since this is a Dell motherboard BIOS overclock is not a option.

I've ran OCCT on large data sets for 2 hours, and Prime 95 for 12+ hours. Should I be worried and disable the software overclock?

the1tarheel

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
It seems to be a stable OC and if your temps are in a safe range, I say keep it there. :hello:

Box systems (store bought) seem to run hotter as they are built to a lower level of heat dissipation

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
On the networking side of things (hardware) is always better than (software). Example: Windows Firewall(software) vs. Sonicwall Firewall(Hardware). Hardware wins ever time. And just to let you know i am new to OCing, but somethings never change.

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
I think AMD overdrive is the only software I would ever use, and other than that I wouldn't use software. AMD Overdrive lets you select you actual voltages, multipliers and bus speed ect, so it takes care of most of the shortcomings of most overclocking software, however overclocking in windows is not something I would do if I could help it.

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Well, ClockGen only starts when the OS is started, and even if I set it to "apply clocks at startup", its ask me if I want to run CG anyways before it actually applies any clock settings. Could ClockGen produce a hardware problem of some sort?

xaira

Distinguished
i no how ya feel my msi board wont let me post at anything above stock when i set in bios 2.3ghz but once in windows i hit 3.1 ghz easy, ur oc is safe once everything is within temp limits, right now i hav 3gb 533 rated to run at 4-4-4-12 running at 667 with 4-4-3-10. nice oc on the sempron, if its a 65nm you should be able to push it further.

xthekidx

Splendid
Dec 24, 2008
Well what kind of ram do you have in there? If its the ram that came with the PC, then I wouldn't overclock it much at all. Chances are it doesn't have heatspreaders and is low binned memory, so an overclock like that will probably put too much stress on it.

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
And for the time being (while testing and running just Windows 7) I left the CPU back at its clock speeds. Still deciding whether to keep the overclock or not...

Chronobodi

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

Yea... why such an elaborate signature showing off your system? makes sense if it's a Phenom II or I7 setup, but it's too weak to justify a nice looking signature. It's like painting a billboard with a bucket of diarrhea! :lol: (no offense, hopefully...) :whistle:

How do you make one anyway?

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Thanks, I know its not the greatest system but oh well. IIRC I used the GIMP. I'm about to change it soon anyways. But I don't even think its a very nice looking signature :lol:

xaira

Distinguished
i have an x2 4400+ brisby
central brain identifier should tell you correct core voltage in a 32bit system
my bios displays ram voltage dont no of any apps
nvidia system monitor, not for my board but installed it anyway
displays 2.5 but i know thats not correct, but seriously the nvidia control pannel is wat i use for ocing, i dont no y the "XD" DOWNLOAD THE LATEST DRIVERS FOR UR CHIPSET and you may be pleasantly surprised

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=510&type=expert&pid=5

assuming you have an nvidia chipset
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_system_tools_6.03.html
this link is the software only