Cheap backlit keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justjohn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Perhaps you can help me find one. I'm looking for a cheap backlit keyboard but I've only found one or two so far and they looked like crap.

I would like something that looks like the razer lycosa (dead sexy) but there's no way I'm spending over 40 bucks. The closest I've found is the logitech G11 at 60 bucks but I don't need the extra gaming stuff. I'm also aware of the saitek ones, but I'm not fond of the looks and they're still too expensive.

I just want a simple black keyboard with individually lit keys for 20-30 bucks. You'd think someone must make that but I can't seem to find one for some reason. I'd even settle for non-individually lit if it was done tastefully.

So. Do they exist or am I just on a wild goose chase here?

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
I have the G11, and you wouldn't have to use it as a gamers keyboard. You can program the other G keys to start other programs, example G1 calculator, G2, email, ect.

justjohn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
I know you said:

"saitek ones, but I'm not fond of the looks and they're still too expensive. "

There is one that is saitek, but under $40:

Saitek PZ30AUR Red 104 Normal Keys Shipping will bring the price up over 40, but you could wait till they tag free shipping if you can't find other KB's.

If you hate red, whelp.. you don't have too many choices based on what you want for cheap.

^
Damn, you beat me to it...

You seem to be asking for a little much.
A high quality backlit keyboard with individually lit keys and a good stylish design for $20-30 USD.
Sorry, that dose not exist.
The closest you will be able to get is the above linked Saitek with out spending more for a higher quality keyboard.

justjohn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Indeed, that saitek one is probably the closest to what I'm looking for, and I AM being kind of anal/picky about that one. It's not even that bad looking in most respects. It's just the weird pokey legs and and ludicrously fat spacebar with the ugly line down the middle that make me think I'd rather not be staring at the thing several hours a day for the next couple years.

So you can call me on that one, you're right I'm being too picky.

However, I don't think my expectations are unreasonable in the least. They only appear so because you've inflated them. I don't need special quality, I don't need a stylish design, and I don't necessarily even have to have the keys lit individually. Basically all I'm looking for is a standard $5 black keyboard with backlighting that doesn't increase the price more than 600%. If that's unreasonable then I give up.

justjohn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008

Yeah, although it doesn't look quite as slick as the lycosa it looks like it would do exactly what I want with macro keys thrown in. If I see one on sale somewhere I'll probably snag it.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Heh... 90% of the time, I don't even look at the keyboard when I'm typing, since I am a touch typist. So I don't even think of how ugly a KB might be to me or someone else. :lol:

I do sit in the dark most of the time, so it does allow me to see keys that I'm not familiar with (G keys), but a quick glance down with the KB lit, makes things allot easier.

justjohn

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2008
Ok guys, time to be jealous. I think I found someone who will sell me their G11 mint condition for $23. :D Fingers crossed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.