Overclocking OEM via Clockgen

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Hey guys. My dad and i just recently started trying to make my little brothers computer run a bit faster. We changed out and added more RAM, got a faster HDD, and upgraded the graphics card. However, I would like to try and get the processor to run a bit faster. The computer is an OEM Hp Pavillion. The specs are listed below...

Pentium D 820 or 920. I can't remember off the top of my head
Asus Emery (OEM version of another mobo)
4 GB RAM
ATI HD 4670
2 HDD's at 7200 rpm

My question is:
Can I overclock this OEM pc with Clockgen? Is there a better OC software out there? Anything that i should worry about?

AKM880

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009
Well If you see in my signature, the overclock is by ClockGen, it automatically overclocks your RAM along with the CPU. Personally I don't think its any bad, it made my Dell run alot faster actually. ClockGen should automatically recognize your motherboard and allow you to make adjustments.

There are alot of software CPU overclcoking programs available but I find ClockGen to be the easiest to use. This is how I overclocked my Dell

First I got the programs I needed, I usually use SpeedFan to monitor the CPU temperatures, you can also use CoreTemp and RealTemp. CPU-Z for monitoring the CPU speed and the RAM overclocked speeds, great tool. Then for stress testing use Prime95, and O.C.C.T both are great programs. I find that Prime95 stresses more than OCCT. Its also easy to use. You want to make sure that your temps don't go too high, Pentium D's ran pretty hot ;). Good Luck!

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Personaly I would leave the Pentium D alone and not overclock. But to each thier own and Clock gen is fairly straight forward adn easy to use. Give it a crack and dont feel to bad if it dies.

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009

Holey SHITE WTF is that.....lmao too

TRENDING THREADS