Differents between Club3D and Sapphire in 4870?

augustuss

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
First of all, hi, this is my first time at this forum, because I am reading this web for a lot of time.

I know there are no different in MHZ between the cards, because I want to know if really are differents in quality between this brands. I would like to buy a Sapphire, but at this time, there are no cards in the shop (and do not know when recieve new cards), and they have Club 3D.

What can I do?

Thanks in advanced.

SpinachEater

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2007
Greetings first timer. The only thing different between the two cards will be the stickers on the cooling setup and the customer support / warranty details. Right now these are reference design cards so that means the hardware is all the same and probably even comes from the same place. They slap their stickers on and include whatever on their CDs and viola...you have a Sapphire or Club3D video card.

What changes is when they start to provide alternative cooling solutions like the HIS ICEQ cards and also when they start to put out overclocked versions (you just have an OC under warranty instead of doing it yourself and voiding the warranty). Also, suppliers like ASUS will do their own bios but I think right now it is all standard throughout the cards....but don't quote me on that. I don't get in and mess with flashing the cards so I am not sure what they are at the moment.

I would just make sure that people are happy with Club3d's support. If you go with Sapphire or Club3D, you are buying the same hardware and in the end it comes down to who will get back with you when you need to RMA it.