Asus P5Q-E + Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 red scorpion

_hUntEr_

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Hi all!

I have few questions about matherboard and cpu cooler Asus P5Q-E + Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 red scorpion.

1. I can't find any article about compatibility between this two components. Asus P5Q-E has pretty high passive coolers around cpu sockes so I don't know if I will be able to fit that cooler on my asus P5Q-E. Does anybody know it for sure if it will go or not that cooler on that board?

2. Is Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 red scorpion more quiet then Xigmatek HDT-S1283 but almost same performance? On xigmatek site I saw red scorpion has only 20db and Xigmatek HDT-S1283 has 27db but for redscorpion has more flow rate. So I am not sure if this is true that red scorpion is more quiet and more air flow rate.

3. Are this too cooler much better and more quiet than my Arctic Cooling Freezer 7-Pro?

I hope I posted in right section. I was not sure to post it in matherboard or cpu section, so sorry if I posted in wrong place.Pls move it then.

_hUntEr_

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
Oh thanks for this.

I have Q6600 and If I understanded right for quad processors is better that cooler is turned for 90 degrees clockwise and that cooler can't be like that on that board ?

_hUntEr_

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2008
And now i saw that my pc case chiftec is only 17,8cm width and only cooler is 15.9cm. My case is not enough big??

The whole thing about direction of the cooler has never been proven. Some have found it made no difference.

Probably best to just align the airflow with the case air.

Sounds like your case might be too tight.