Borntobe

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Hi, I recently bought a new Radeon HD 6750 graphics card and I plugged it with an adaptor from 4-pin molex to 6-pin in my PSU.

Yesterday, it runned about 45min on Diablo 3 and the screen turned to vertical lines, but the sound was still working, it came back normal after less than 15 seconds.

After about 15 minutes, it did the same thing but the sound started skipping, so I turned off the PC and the card was really hot.

I let it cool until this morning, and when I started it and it crashed after about 3 minutes of Diablo 3.

My system :

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400
Montherboard ASUS P5KPL-CM
450 Watt ATX 12V RAIDMAX PSU
VisionTek Radeon HD 6750
1 Small fan on the front of the case

What could be the source of the problem?

Thanks for answering

Born

LokalHero

Honorable
May 2, 2012
Sounds like you answered your own question. My guess it's overheating. Try installing the card on another rig and test it running there.
If it works okay under load, then the other possible reason could be the PSU, as it seems a little underpowered.
I hate using molex -> pci-e... Well, I just hate molex altogether. It's much better to have a dedicated 12v 6-pin rail for your GFX card.

Borntobe

Honorable
May 18, 2012
My computer ran without any issue later this morning so the card ain't dead, but I think it could be both the PSU and the cooling, I'll try running Diablo 3 with lower quality to see what it does, thanks for your answers guys. :)