Help Overclocking the E8400 Wolfdale

zocheyado

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Hey i am building my first computer from scratch i have all the parts lined up for purchase accept 1....the motherboard. i am getting a E8400 Wolfdale 3.0ghz and i am wanting to overclock it. i am getting aftermarket cooling so that's not a problem. and i hear this processor is very very easy to OC. so now all i need is to know what motherboard to use!....i am on a budget... it has to be 70$ or less.. all i would want is to get the processor to 3.6-4.0 ghz i am using (AllComponents 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)) for Ram and i dont know what else to say...just...are there any motherboards out there? and is it possible to OC this processor that high?

xtc28

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Just means that it the box has been opened and it may not contain all the contents.
Most of the time when I get open box items I just get whats specified. In the case of mobos Usually dont get driver cd sometimes no backplate. But no problem go to site for drivers and call Asus for a new backplate usually it is free for the backplate. I think ECS made me pay a buck or something....Also I have never recieved a bad mother board this way, although others may disagree.