Laptop to tv with hdmi i had a signal but changed a pop up setting now display i

usrcro

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I connected my laptop to my LED TV with the HDMI cable, it displayed fine on the tv screen until a pop up window came up and asked me how to show panels on the screen. I made a change and now I cant see the display on the tv any more. Im not exactly sure what setting I changed and I cant figure out how to put it back and fix it. All I see is my wallpaper from my desk top on the tv display but that is not what is up on my laptop.
Any suggestions?? Thanks ( i know I should have just left it alone, I thought it would remove all the adds on the page)

Oh yeah.. I have windows vista on my laptop

Nothing wrong here, you just set the monitors into split mode instead of clone. Go to the display settings and set the option to show the same thing on both screens. Right now you have the desktop on the main screen, and the TV is a second monitor that won't have anything there until you drag a program into that area.

This is a lot different than not having the display on the TV, you DO have the laptop working with the TV, you just need to learn how to use dual monitors and the options you have with them.