Bluetooth Headset Used on Computer ???

Does anyone use their Bluetooth Headset with a PC through a Bluetooth
Adapter? I want to have the option to use a VOIP application.
8 answers Last reply
More about bluetooth headset computer

    "Pat" <hotpatpar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | Does anyone use their Bluetooth Headset with a PC through a Bluetooth
    | Adapter? I want to have the option to use a VOIP application.

    I don't have VOIP, but I do use my bluetooth headset with my notebook
    frequently.

    What is your headset and what adapter on the PC?

    Pat wrote:
    > Does anyone use their Bluetooth Headset with a PC through a Bluetooth
    > Adapter? I want to have the option to use a VOIP application.

    I have a Motorola HS810 and an Ambicon USB BT adaptor. Works great.
    Just remember to manually "connect" to the phone after using the PC if
    you want the headset to respond properly to the phone.

    tg.

    Pat wrote:
    > I am interested in the HS810. Did you check out the HS8120?

    No, I got it mail-order based on the reviews. HS820 is apparently the
    same thing with better battery life (not really an issue; I haven't
    needed to charge mine in weeks with my moderate usage).

    tg.

    > Pat wrote:
    >> I am interested in the HS810. Did you check out the HS8120?
    >
    > No, I got it mail-order based on the reviews. HS820 is apparently the
    > same thing with better battery life (not really an issue; I haven't
    > needed to charge mine in weeks with my moderate usage).
    >
    > tg.
    I have the HS810 and the HS820 both have great battery life. The HS810 has
    a nice feature that when it's folded it automactically disables the BT
    function on the HS820 you need to manually press and hold the button to
    disable the BT function. There is also the HS850 which has even greater
    battery life 8hrs Talk Time and 200 hrs of standby. It looks identical to
    the HS810 except for the color. I like the way the HS820 fits on my ear and
    it feels lighter than the HS810.

    I have an 850 (got a Japanese model off eBay) and I love it. Should be
    available this month in the US.

    wirelessjuan wrote:
    > There is also the HS850 which has even greater battery life ...
    > It looks identical to the HS810 except for the color.

    I misspoke. I meant to compare the 810 to the 850, not the 820. The
    foldout boom feature of the 810/850 is what makes it useful to me.
    Mashing a button to activate a headset is not as convenient.

    tg.

Cingular Gaming Headsets Computer Bluetooth Internet Service Providers