Bluetooth Headset Used on Computer ???

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
January 30, 2005 5:15:04 PM

Does anyone use their Bluetooth Headset with a PC through a Bluetooth
Adapter? I want to have the option to use a VOIP application.
Anonymous
January 30, 2005 5:15:05 PM

"Pat" <hotpatpar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Does anyone use their Bluetooth Headset with a PC through a Bluetooth
| Adapter? I want to have the option to use a VOIP application.

I don't have VOIP, but I do use my bluetooth headset with my notebook
frequently.
January 31, 2005 2:06:33 AM

What is your headset and what adapter on the PC?

"Hierophant" <nospam@duh.net> wrote in message

> "Pat" <hotpatpar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> | Does anyone use their Bluetooth Headset with a PC through a Bluetooth
> | Adapter? I want to have the option to use a VOIP application.
> |

> I don't have VOIP, but I do use my bluetooth headset with my notebook
> frequently.

January 31, 2005 7:23:07 AM

Pat wrote:
> Does anyone use their Bluetooth Headset with a PC through a Bluetooth
> Adapter? I want to have the option to use a VOIP application.

I have a Motorola HS810 and an Ambicon USB BT adaptor. Works great.
Just remember to manually "connect" to the phone after using the PC if
you want the headset to respond properly to the phone.

tg.
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 2:29:44 PM

Pat wrote:
> I am interested in the HS810. Did you check out the HS8120?

No, I got it mail-order based on the reviews. HS820 is apparently the
same thing with better battery life (not really an issue; I haven't
needed to charge mine in weeks with my moderate usage).

tg.
January 31, 2005 5:47:49 PM

<glaabtom@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Pat wrote:
> > Does anyone use their Bluetooth Headset with a PC through a Bluetooth
> > Adapter? I want to have the option to use a VOIP application.
>
> I have a Motorola HS810 and an Ambicon USB BT adaptor. Works great.
> Just remember to manually "connect" to the phone after using the PC if
> you want the headset to respond properly to the phone.
>
> tg.

Anonymous
February 4, 2005 3:52:15 AM

> Pat wrote:
>> I am interested in the HS810. Did you check out the HS8120?
>
> No, I got it mail-order based on the reviews. HS820 is apparently the
> same thing with better battery life (not really an issue; I haven't
> needed to charge mine in weeks with my moderate usage).
>
> tg.
I have the HS810 and the HS820 both have great battery life. The HS810 has
a nice feature that when it's folded it automactically disables the BT
function on the HS820 you need to manually press and hold the button to
disable the BT function. There is also the HS850 which has even greater
battery life 8hrs Talk Time and 200 hrs of standby. It looks identical to
the HS810 except for the color. I like the way the HS820 fits on my ear and
it feels lighter than the HS810.
February 11, 2005 10:45:46 AM

I have an 850 (got a Japanese model off eBay) and I love it. Should be
available this month in the US.

"wirelessjuan" <wirelessjuan2004@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> <glaabtom@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> Pat wrote:
>>> I am interested in the HS810. Did you check out the HS8120?
>>
>> No, I got it mail-order based on the reviews. HS820 is apparently the
>> same thing with better battery life (not really an issue; I haven't
>> needed to charge mine in weeks with my moderate usage).
>>
>> tg.
> I have the HS810 and the HS820 both have great battery life. The HS810
> has a nice feature that when it's folded it automactically disables the BT
> function on the HS820 you need to manually press and hold the button to
> disable the BT function. There is also the HS850 which has even greater
> battery life 8hrs Talk Time and 200 hrs of standby. It looks identical to
> the HS810 except for the color. I like the way the HS820 fits on my ear
> and it feels lighter than the HS810.

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 12:32:51 PM

wirelessjuan wrote:
> There is also the HS850 which has even greater battery life ...
> It looks identical to the HS810 except for the color.

I misspoke. I meant to compare the 810 to the 850, not the 820. The
foldout boom feature of the 810/850 is what makes it useful to me.
Mashing a button to activate a headset is not as convenient.

tg.
!