Pioneer Elite 43 inch TV

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 16, 2005 12:31:16 AM

I'm setting up my multimedia room in my new Home. Definitive
Technology Mythos 1's Supercube 1 sub woofer Def Tech Mythos Gems for
the rear and Def Tech Mythos Center Channel all powered by Yamaha Home
Theate Series electronics. Yamaha 115 watts per channel receiver, Def
Tech Sub woofer comes with 1500 watt amp, Yamaha DVD changer, DirecTV
HD receiver with DVR. I am looking at the Pioneer Elite 920 or the
new model 930. What is the groups consensus on this HDTV. I don't
want to go wrong since $5k is a lot to pay for a TV set. It seems
that the Elite series is sold only at some very high end stores.

More about : pioneer elite inch

September 16, 2005 2:35:14 PM

Stephen M. Gluck wrote:
> I'm setting up my multimedia room in my new Home. Definitive
> Technology Mythos 1's Supercube 1 sub woofer Def Tech Mythos Gems for
> the rear and Def Tech Mythos Center Channel all powered by Yamaha Home
> Theate Series electronics. Yamaha 115 watts per channel receiver, Def
> Tech Sub woofer comes with 1500 watt amp, Yamaha DVD changer, DirecTV
> HD receiver with DVR. I am looking at the Pioneer Elite 920 or the
> new model 930. What is the groups consensus on this HDTV. I don't
> want to go wrong since $5k is a lot to pay for a TV set. It seems
> that the Elite series is sold only at some very high end stores.
Pioneer Elite series - crt or plasma - have always been considered top
of class.
September 16, 2005 3:21:26 PM

I've been comparing the Pioneer Elite 43" plasmas to the Panasonic 50"
plasmas for awhile now.
In some stores their connections/setup gives a slight edge to the Pioneer,
in others, the Panasonic looks best.
I believe that the Panasonic spec of 8 billion colors has to go a long way
for PQ. I don't see any other Plasma with the same spec.
Now recently, with the sharp price drop of the Panasonic plasmas, I'm
definitely choosing the Panasonic.
The other day I visited Best Buy in my neighborhood and the Panasonic
TH-50PX50U blew everything else away.
No artifacts or video noise, perfectly clear edges, stunning PQ. The price
was around $3500.
One other thing is that the Panasonic native resolution is true HD in the
progressive format.
I don't think it's worth waiting around for a reasonably priced 1920X1080i
plasma, or so it seems anyway.
JAS
news:D m3ki11u95avuvtski1f6r6hho392u3r2q@4ax.com...
!