Asrock p45xe

mplay

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Im building a new low budget game pc. A few month ago the Asrock p45xe was recommanded here in a sub 100 dollar motherboard shootout. I already have a e5200 cpu and I would like to run it at least at 3.0.

Im a bit hesitant about Asrock, so Ive been digging through the forum and I only see people who run into trouble trying to overclock with this board. My question is, are there any happy p45xe overclockers?

Another thing I like about this board is the possibility to go crossfire. I would like to know if anyone has this motherboard running in a crossfire setup? Ive ordered one ati 4770 gpu, but i would like to know if I ever decide to get a second one.

Thanks in advance

Andraxxus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
I was about to make a thread like this but my CPU is E6300@1.86 and that is the only difference. The reason i was going to buy the AsRock p45xe is because of my small multiplier (7 max I needed high fsb) but you don't need to have a high fsb since the E5200 has a high multiplier and other motherboards from that article may help you more if no one has had happy moments with the AsRock(unfortunately the AsRock is the only one that has 2 PCIe 2.0).

Anon_96

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I have the ASROCK p45xe and have a build with an E5200 @ 3.0GHz (333x9) and this has been solid and stable (Good temps + Prime95 ran overnight).... This was my first build and the issue I had was that the settings in the BIOS are not the most intuitive, so that makes it a bit more tricky. But once I got over that hurdle, been happy since.

I don't have this configured in Crossfire, but have been running Vista x64...

mplay

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Thanks for the info guys.. I've decided to just go for it. I will also trade in my e5200 for a e6300 45nm because it has virtualization which might come in handy. I wont oc it too much, so im counting on it that i will will be happy ;)

TRENDING THREADS