Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

TT Armor plus VS ANTEC 1200

Last response: in Components
Share
August 9, 2008 12:16:17 PM

wich 1 of them is better for gaming and aircooling
if i am gona buy the armor i will buy all the extra funs 1 on top 1 on the bakc of HDD cage and 2 on the bottom

thank...

More about : armor antec 1200

August 9, 2008 12:23:01 PM

Antec Twelve Hundred has better cooling.
Everything else is personal preference.
August 9, 2008 12:47:55 PM

maybe NZXT tempest is better?
i can get it for half of the TT armor / ANTEC 1200 price
is it good case?
Related resources
August 9, 2008 9:32:46 PM

TrueLook said:
maybe NZXT tempest is better?
i can get it for half of the TT armor / ANTEC 1200 price
is it good case?


Invest in the Antec 1200. In an outstanding case with airflow that's second to none.
August 9, 2008 11:12:35 PM

@TrueLook
The Tempest is more in the range of the Antec Nine Hunderd or Cooler Master RC-690. Both of these are better than the Tempest from what I've read.

The question is what will you put in it and do you really need a $200 case?
August 10, 2008 7:21:59 AM

iam gona put there
Q9450,asus maxsimus formula,True120,HD4870 and in the future an other 1
and enermax PRO82 and all the other stuff
mushkin DDR2 4069 (2048) 100Mhz CL 5-5-5-15 XP REDLINE
seagate ST3500320AS 500GB SATA2 32MB

what u say?
i think i am gona go for the ANTEC 1200 but in some pics it looks "not best looking"
so can some 1 get me real picture of the front fans

thank you
August 11, 2008 3:26:36 PM

The Antec Twelve Hundred is not a beauty queen.
It's primary function is cooling and it excels at that. It's not silent either.
Reviews:
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=12726&page=1
http://www.hardwarelogic.com/news/135/ARTICLE/4078/2/20...
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2304827,00.a...

Your configuration is very simple (a standard pc) so I wouldn't really bother with a $200 case.

I think a good $100 case like the CM RC-690 or Antec Nine Hundred would serve you just as well (room for upto 4 harddrives and 2 optical drives). The HD 4870 is not dependant on high case airflow as it dumps the heat outside the case. All it needs is a front 120mm intake for fresh air.

August 11, 2008 5:01:14 PM

Andrius said:
The Antec Twelve Hundred is not a beauty queen.
It's primary function is cooling and it excels at that. It's not silent either.
Reviews:
http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=12726&page=1
http://www.hardwarelogic.com/news/135/ARTICLE/4078/2/20...
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2304827,00.a...

Your configuration is very simple (a standard pc) so I wouldn't really bother with a $200 case.

I think a good $100 case like the CM RC-690 or Antec Nine Hundred would serve you just as well (room for upto 4 harddrives and 2 optical drives). The HD 4870 is not dependant on high case airflow as it dumps the heat outside the case. All it needs is a front 120mm intake for fresh air.

i know its not the best looking case but i like it [some]
anyway is it worth the money?
like there is another 200$ case that look good and have good airflow like Atec1200 or better?
August 11, 2008 7:01:28 PM

A nzxt tempest with all the stock fans replaced. And that shouldn't cost you more then 180 with tax and shipping.

EDIT:
It looks kinda cool too
August 11, 2008 9:27:45 PM

E3210 said:
A nzxt tempest with all the stock fans replaced. And that shouldn't cost you more then 180 with tax and shipping.

EDIT:
It looks kinda cool too

in my country the ANTEC1200 cost 274$
the tempest with all new fans will cost 223$ [all 6]
wouldnt it be better to buy the antec?
August 11, 2008 10:32:35 PM

Probably better off with the nzxt tempest. The have about the same number of fans (4 120mm fans to the antecs 5. 2 140mm top fans to the antecs 1 200mm top fan), and are about the same size (I think the tempest might be just a little bigger). If you replace all the fans in the tempest with good fans on speed control you will get much better airflow and you still save some money. Stock fans that come with cases are often not the best quality. Although I can't say for sure as the ones on the antec 1200 might be- hence the price.

Also, the tempest looks cooler.
August 12, 2008 8:56:27 AM

E3210 said:
Probably better off with the nzxt tempest. The have about the same number of fans (4 120mm fans to the antecs 5. 2 140mm top fans to the antecs 1 200mm top fan), and are about the same size (I think the tempest might be just a little bigger). If you replace all the fans in the tempest with good fans on speed control you will get much better airflow and you still save some money. Stock fans that come with cases are often not the best quality. Although I can't say for sure as the ones on the antec 1200 might be- hence the price.

Also, the tempest looks cooler.

i think the ANTEC look cooler also i heared the nzxt tempest doesn't have the best quality the color and those
what u say?
August 12, 2008 7:46:16 PM

Get the damn antec then. Whatever they are pretty much the same you choose.
!