ASUS Nvidia N6200 GeForce 256mb problems

hi.... i new here to this forum. basically i'm asking about my graphic card problems as i'm already stuck with the thing for about a week or so searching through websites and googling it to see whether any hope remains to work for my 4-5 years old computer but well nothing much work. Not long ago, i went back to my old junky computer trying to figure it out how am i going to repair it. At first, as i thought just reformatting it and get everything done in a minute which will do the trick. What i notice the display properties was set as default monitor screen, well that was something new. So i waited for awhile for the VGA controller to load up as a newly hardware install after that i went to click "installing the software automatically" at the pop-out, after loading up was done, it detected nothing and ask me to use another way to install it so i put my disk in and try again. This time round i see a Nvidia N6200 GeForce as the driver, i was then relieve but unexpectedly things turn out nasty, errors and unable to install "Access Denied". Well then i was pissed off with the thing and i run RegCure to fix the problem, after repairing and fixing it, i'm back to reinstall the whole thing again and poof the same thing happen access denied. So i figure out to do it another way of installing the drive :fou: :fou:

So i went to www.asus.com to search up for another driver of the product to fix my problem. After downloading it, i went to do the same as before and this time round while installing the drive, it flick once and went blank screen and i had to go reboot it and it stuck at logon. Boot it again and press F8 to hit "last known working window" then back to the same default monitor.
ps: By the way i'm using the Philips 107E4 monitor(fat overall)

After this i went to www.nvidia.com and download the latest drive from there since the rest of the 2 drive install doesn't really work much. After downloading it as usual, i went to install it like the way as the rest guess what, this time round it was much different. It gives me off a 640 x 480 resolution and 4 bit color quality after rebooting it and then i went to display properties to change the resolution and i'm unable to change the resolution and only available inside the list of modes are 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 with 4 bit colour quality. then i reboot my computer and spam F8 to enable my VGA mode and it load up normally into the Windows. Then it listed out me a lot of resolution but changing them equals to blank screen and at that moment i was so furious i do not know what to do. I just need someone to help me with this.

my system are:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Acer
System Model Aspire
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2533 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 10/29/2002
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 638.07 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.41 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

is there still anything need me to show pls tell me, i gladly someone would help, i just want computer to be usable again
4 answers Last reply
More about asus nvidia n6200 geforce 256mb problems
  1. Sounds like an on board video in conflicting with your 6200. If you have onboard video, disable in bios.
  2. Not ablt to find any onboard graphic in bios. So what should i do
  3. Check in safe mode at device manager no onbaord graphic spotted. Then what should i do now??
  4. If anybody knows about my issues please kindly help me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics