ASUS Nvidia N6200 GeForce 256mb problems

flareflamer

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2008
hi.... i new here to this forum. basically i'm asking about my graphic card problems as i'm already stuck with the thing for about a week or so searching through websites and googling it to see whether any hope remains to work for my 4-5 years old computer but well nothing much work. Not long ago, i went back to my old junky computer trying to figure it out how am i going to repair it. At first, as i thought just reformatting it and get everything done in a minute which will do the trick. What i notice the display properties was set as default monitor screen, well that was something new. So i waited for awhile for the VGA controller to load up as a newly hardware install after that i went to click "installing the software automatically" at the pop-out, after loading up was done, it detected nothing and ask me to use another way to install it so i put my disk in and try again. This time round i see a Nvidia N6200 GeForce as the driver, i was then relieve but unexpectedly things turn out nasty, errors and unable to install "Access Denied". Well then i was pissed off with the thing and i run RegCure to fix the problem, after repairing and fixing it, i'm back to reinstall the whole thing again and poof the same thing happen access denied. So i figure out to do it another way of installing the drive :fou: :fou:

So i went to www.asus.com to search up for another driver of the product to fix my problem. After downloading it, i went to do the same as before and this time round while installing the drive, it flick once and went blank screen and i had to go reboot it and it stuck at logon. Boot it again and press F8 to hit "last known working window" then back to the same default monitor.
ps: By the way i'm using the Philips 107E4 monitor(fat overall)

After this i went to www.nvidia.com and download the latest drive from there since the rest of the 2 drive install doesn't really work much. After downloading it as usual, i went to install it like the way as the rest guess what, this time round it was much different. It gives me off a 640 x 480 resolution and 4 bit color quality after rebooting it and then i went to display properties to change the resolution and i'm unable to change the resolution and only available inside the list of modes are 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 with 4 bit colour quality. then i reboot my computer and spam F8 to enable my VGA mode and it load up normally into the Windows. Then it listed out me a lot of resolution but changing them equals to blank screen and at that moment i was so furious i do not know what to do. I just need someone to help me with this.

my system are:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Acer
System Model Aspire
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2533 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 10/29/2002
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 638.07 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.41 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

is there still anything need me to show pls tell me, i gladly someone would help, i just want computer to be usable again