Disk damage? chkdsk error?

vampm

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2010
Hi all! Yesterday the whether was bad, many lightnings, and as i was in my computer, it turned off because of electric network. It didn't fried my pc, but i found after running chkdsk that have problems. The system is running fine. When i run the chkdsk from command promt it says that it found some errors:

Repairing erros in volume's bitmap.
windows found erros in file system.

(i translated it cause my os is in greek

and says to run chkdsk /f to repair it. BUT, i run it too many times, (it run after the system boot, before the system enters windows because the disk is c, and has the os), and always said that its clean (no errors). But after i rerun the chkdsk in command promt it says the same thing.
One thing i noticed was that the first time i run the chkdsk, the chkdsk run, and after it finishedt it didn't hold for a while to see the final report but it rebooted the system and made another check before the system entered the windows(and found no problems). I ran many times the chckdsk /f and the /r but the problem remains.
What to do? Has anything happen to the mft bitmap? if so, how to repair it? Also the diskeeper cant defrag the volume, and this shows that there is something happening..

Nishadk08

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Try the software tune up utilities 2010. You can get a trial from the site www.softpedia.com
run disk doctor on the application after restart the computer. You can run other maintainence tasks to speed up your system.
Good luck:)

Nishadk08

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2010
Try the software tune up utilities 2010. You can get a trial from the site www.softpedia.com
run disk doctor on the application after restart the computer. You can run other maintainence tasks to speed up your system.
To check your harddisk health and temperature download the software hdd life pro.
Good luck:)