need help on my 9800gtx and case immediately please

need help! I'm building my case now... and i'm having trouble installing my 9800gtx+ on my Ultra e-torque case! what should i do to fit it inside?
42 answers Last reply
More about need 9800gtx case immediately please
  1. What trouble are you having? I looked at the case and the hard drive cage on the bottom seems to be mounted too close to the motherboard area so longer cards such as yours will be difficult to fit and if that's the problem your having you'll have to remove or mod the cage.
  2. how can i mod the cage?please help me...
  3. So I assume that's the problem your running into?
  4. yes...i really need help
  5. I have to ask how opposed you are to cutting your new case. How many hard drives are you planning on using?
  6. just 1...i'm ok on cutting the case, but how? can we chat on Yahoo messenger or something?
  7. The best option I can think of looking at the pictures on the Ultra site is to totally remove the cage.
  8. which case?
  9. i mean which cage??
  10. If I'm looking at the correct case there is a small bracket hanging off the bottom of the drive bays and that is what you can install your hard drive on while the large hard drive bay mounted to the bottom and back is just getting in the way. You could use some tin snips or something similar to cut that out or just cut enough of it to clear your video card.
  11. If you have a drill you can drill out the rivets holding the cage to the motherboard tray
  12. what's a tin snips or stuff like that?i kinda don't understand how i'm gonna mount the hard drive...
  13. Do you have your motherboard mounted in the case now?
  14. i don't understand..sorry..please explain it to me more clearly..thank you..
  15. i don't understand..sorry..please explain it to me more clearly..thank you..
  16. Do you have a digital camera?
  17. yeah..where can we chat quickly? like windows live messenger? please,,i need help...

18. Is this your case?
  19. I really don't like messenger clients, too much crapware.
  20. yeah..
  21. Yes you have the motherboard in the case and/or yes you have a digital camera? What motherboard are you using? Could you take a picture of your case with the motherboard mounted so I can see exactly what your dealing with?
  22. ok..uhm,,i have the evga 650i ultra..w8..i'm gonna take a picture..
  23. On top of the hard drive cage are two pieces of metal sticking up which are there to mount extra drives in case you run out of room. Depending on the placement of the PCI-E slots on your motherboard you might be able to just bend them down and get your card to fit.
  24. john_antonio said:
    what's a tin snips or stuff like that?i kinda don't understand how i'm gonna mount the hard drive...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_snips
  25. its not the 2 metal sticking upward that blocks my pcie card...its the corner of the cage...how do i send the pictures to you?
  26. its not the 2 metal sticking upward that blocks my pcie card...its the corner of the cage...how do i send the pictures to you?

27. The arrow is pointing to where you are going to want to mount your hard drive
  28. what should i do then?
  29. You need an account with Photobucket or something similar and you need to upload the image and copy and paste the URL here
  30. Use a hammer and crush the cage a little to clear the card or find something to cut the cage out of there to get it out of your way. Either that or buy a new case.
  31. can i just send it to your email? maybe i'm just going with the cutting method..will that be fine?
  32. can i just send it to your email? maybe i'm just going with the cutting method..will that be fine?
  33. ausch30@yahoo.com
  34. sent it already...
  35. I saw the picture and the best thing I can suggest is what I said above or you might be able to (depending on how strong you are) just get some pliers and yank the hard drive cage out of there.
  36. Before you do anything though remove your motherboard to prevent damage
  37. how can i yank it?it has screws that i don't know what type...
  38. how can i yank it?it has screws that i don't know what type...
  39. Those aren't screws they're rivets and if you have a drill you can drill sraight through the center and remove them. Even without doing that if you yank on the cage you will see that it's not super strong or secured very well and with a little elbow grease you can get it out of there. I'm going to bed, good luck.
  40. thank you..i'l try tomorrow..hope i can get some help tomorrow from you again...thank you so much!
  41. you just used the forum as a messenger client replacment didn't you :p
  42. loool hahaha nice one
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cases Components