I recently updated my laptop from WinMe to Win XP home edition (a
legitimate, purchased upgrade disk), now I've decided to revive another old
Dell Dimension that will suit my needs better. I updated my Dimension with
the same Win XP disk, but when I try to activate it, I'm told that I've
exceeded my activation limit? Now I understand that the license agreement
is only good for one PC, but what if I want to transfer my license to
another computer, can I do that? If so, how?

Thanks all,
Ray

P.S. I tried posting this earlier, but it never showed up, so I'm posting
again! If there's two identical posts, my apologies!

Lunaray wrote:
> I recently updated my laptop from WinMe to Win XP home edition (a
> legitimate, purchased upgrade disk), now I've decided to revive
> another old Dell Dimension that will suit my needs better. I updated
> my Dimension with the same Win XP disk, but when I try to activate
> it, I'm told that I've exceeded my activation limit? Now I
> understand that the license agreement is only good for one PC, but
> what if I want to transfer my license to another computer, can I do
> that? If so, how?
>
> Thanks all,
> Ray
>
> P.S. I tried posting this earlier, but it never showed up, so I'm
> posting again! If there's two identical posts, my apologies!

You simply use the Telephone option that appears on the activation wizard screen as soon as you enter a geographic location.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/