Wireless Dlink shuts off Modem
I have a modem which disconnects sometimes and when i try to reconnect it, the dlink won't let it connect. i have to pull out the dlink..then wait until the lights are on(on,ds,os,online,tel1.) and i try to put the dlink back in and sometimes the link doesn't show up. it happens very often. just the internet is disconnecting. Then once its connected it shows lag on the broswer.
There are a lot of questions here.
1. What happens when you connect the computer directly to the modem after a reset?
Does the connection to the Internet refresh quicker?
2. What area the IP addresses of the modem and D-Link after the reset?
3. Has the modem been bridged?
4. How is the D-Link configures to receive an IP address?
5. Have you tried renewing the computer IP address using these commands in a Command Prompt Window?