what the hell just happened to the florida game ?!?!?!

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 18, 2005 7:12:13 AM

its not HD anymore????? WTF
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 7:12:14 AM

it's still in HD in Atlanta...

"reggie white" <reggie@white.com> wrote in message
> its not HD anymore????? WTF
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 8:11:04 PM

Kevin Thurman wrote:
> it's still in HD in Atlanta...
>

> "reggie white" <reggie@white.com> wrote in message
>
>>its not HD anymore????? WTF

weird. in tampa it switched to SD for 10-15 minutes then went back to HD
September 18, 2005 8:11:05 PM

reggie white wrote:
> Kevin Thurman wrote:
>
>> it's still in HD in Atlanta...
>>

>> "reggie white" <reggie@white.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> its not HD anymore????? WTF
>

> weird. in tampa it switched to SD for 10-15 minutes then went back to HD
In the LA area Notre Dame's game started out in HD on NBC, switched to
SD in the second quarter and then went back to HD in the second half.
Some one asleep at the switch?

Bill
September 18, 2005 9:18:11 PM

www.unclet.netfirms.com
"Bill Sharpe" <billsharpe@nsadelphia.net> wrote in message
> reggie white wrote:
>> Kevin Thurman wrote:
>>
>>> it's still in HD in Atlanta...
>>>

>>> "reggie white" <reggie@white.com> wrote in message

>> weird. in tampa it switched to SD for 10-15 minutes then went back to HD
> In the LA area Notre Dame's game started out in HD on NBC, switched to SD
> in the second quarter and then went back to HD in the second half. Some
> one asleep at the switch?
>
> Bill

That seems to happen when there is a signal or 'technical difficulty'
problem. This is what pisses me off too as HDTV is not perfected yet and I
think it is because no station has yet made a commitment to broadcast in
total HD which should eliminate such problems. Really, HD programming is in
the same state that it was in 2000. Not much if anything, programming wise
has changed. They need to move things along. Make this revolution happen!
I hope I won't have to wait 5 years to get CNN in HD. These stations need
to make this move to force people to get with it.
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 9:18:12 PM

I do know that they use a mixture of standard & HD cameras on CBS coverage
of SEC....seen them switch from an HD feed to a regular feed during the
games but generally the switch is very shortlived...certainly not for the
time periods these folks are complaining about.

!