rage machine

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
i just got a gtx280 and was looking to overclock it but wasnt sure on what the safe temperature range was, or what i should do using the EVGA precision tool for my system. The card is running @ 42c w/ Core clock set to 621mhz, and the shader to 1350mhz. Also, no matter what benchmark im running for crysis the fan speed stays constant @40%, not sure why, but it does so im guessing its still within safe operating temps up to 59c.

I would like to increase my benchmark in very high on crysis @ 1920x1200, currently i hit around 25fps average @ that resolution.

Here is my CPU-Z information.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/Master_Jay_Owns_Noobs/CPUZ.jpg

I was going to use the overclocking guide up top but that seems to have broken images.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008

Yeah 70-80C is acceptable.

Also EVGA precision is just rivatuner with the bare basics, I personally use it over rivatuner (for no reason at all really).

rage machine

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
I set the fan up to 70% always, i idle around 44c ish and top off at 70c in crysis, everything on very high i get about 35-40fps. I still want it cooler though so i will experiment with some alternate setups in my pc. maybe move my HD's higher up, right now they are below the card, could be causing some heat buildup, though i do have a 120MM fan on high right there pulling hot air away from the card [or so i hope that is what it is doing] and a 200mm on top and 2 120mm's in front pulling in cool air. then again it is summer and a bit warm in my room, we'll see how it goes ill do trial and error.

but for now im happy, just wish the OSD would work with 64bit crysis.

if anyone would like to help and post their fan setup inside an Antec steel 900 that would be awesome, Thank you!