Jump to light speed

Looks good in theory. I just have a bad feeling that the 2 new species will
be aliens from the 'new' trilogies, which I would hate. Let's give the
original Trilogy aliens some respect. Technically there were none shown in
the original trilogy so since the game takes place between Episodes 4 and 5
we should get those aliens. Sorry that that sounds so lame, I just don't
like how Zabraks are in SWG JUST because of Darth Maul. One of the new
species should, but won't be, Duros, because they are supposed to be great
spacefaring people. I'm willing to put money that we'll be getting Gungans.
:::::shudder:::::

What could the new professions be? I'm thinking Fighter Pilot, Freighter
pilot... what else? Even freighter pilot would be a stretch as it'd be just
like smuggling, only, you know, legal. Hope they add revamped Smuggler,
where you can SMUGGLE. That'd be cool.

Looking forward to it, definetely.

Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovney

"Superman" <:30@ptd.net> wrote in message
> This looks like they may do this right.
>
> http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/expansions.jsp
>
> http://pc.ign.com/articles/507/507737p1.html?fromint=1

"Superman" <:30@ptd.net> wrote in message
> This looks like they may do this right.
>
> http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/expansions.jsp
>
> http://pc.ign.com/articles/507/507737p1.html?fromint=1

There are some things I was concerned about (after watching the video
last night). First, it is supposed to be a 'twitch' based gameplay, but
Haden says it uses the same 'Point and Click interface' that the rest of
SWG uses. How can something be twitch with the current interface is
beyond me.

I do love the fact that there will be two (2) new races and four (4) new
professions. I think that is awesome. Couple that with the 15 ships
that will be in at start and I am really excited.

I'm just wondering how badly they can mess this up... of course, I
attribute that to the fact that I'm still bitter over the disaster that
was the BE Friday Feature :p

- Oalan

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> like how Zabraks are in SWG JUST because of Darth Maul. One of the new
> species should, but won't be, Duros, because they are supposed to be great
> spacefaring people. I'm willing to put money that we'll be getting
Gungans.
> :::::shudder:::::
If they go with the surveys they did during beta (of beta folk... late beta
but beta still)...

Top 4 candidates based on the survey results I remember are: Chiss (#1
request by a large margin, that's Thrawn's race btw), Ewoks, Gungans,
Sullustans. All of these races have models in the game, though most of the
Sullustians I've seen are too tall.

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:04:19 -0500, "Tyas_MT"
<tyas_mt@hotplonkmail.com> graced us with the following words of
wisdom:

>"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
>> like how Zabraks are in SWG JUST because of Darth Maul. One of the new
>> species should, but won't be, Duros, because they are supposed to be great
>> spacefaring people. I'm willing to put money that we'll be getting
>Gungans.
>> :::::shudder:::::
>If they go with the surveys they did during beta (of beta folk... late beta
>but beta still)...
>
>Top 4 candidates based on the survey results I remember are: Chiss (#1
>request by a large margin, that's Thrawn's race btw), Ewoks, Gungans,
>Sullustans. All of these races have models in the game, though most of the
>Sullustians I've seen are too tall.

I'd play an Ewok.

They're banned from my P&P rpg group, but I'd love to play a
bloodthirsty little Ewok brawler in an online game; just because they
got annoying fast when they started branching off into cartoons
doesn't mean they weren't cool as conceived in RotJ.

--
Esorattar, Wookiee Doc/Master Bioengineer, Valcyn
Ryashi Macher, Twi'lek Master Architect/Master Merchant/Master Artisan, Intrepid

I hear they didn't make Jawas playable for some reason that they don't leave
Tatooine, I would think it'd be the same for Ewoks. Sullustans aren't cool
enough I don't think. All the Sullustans I see are way short, so, maybe
that's just you? =)

Chiss I think I hear are supposed to be rare in the galaxy. Plus they are
lame. Blue Humans. Big deal. Same as Zabraks being bald humans with horns.
They'd better not use Chiss when they have such a good opportunity to put
something else. I think if you're going to go with the 'basically human'
route, they should go with midgets. They would own all. =)

"Kittykat" <ladyjack@kitty.jedimasteryoda.kat> wrote in message
> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:04:19 -0500, "Tyas_MT"
> <tyas_mt@hotplonkmail.com> graced us with the following words of
> wisdom:
>
> >"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> >> like how Zabraks are in SWG JUST because of Darth Maul. One of the new
> >> species should, but won't be, Duros, because they are supposed to be
great
> >> spacefaring people. I'm willing to put money that we'll be getting
> >Gungans.
> >> :::::shudder:::::
> >If they go with the surveys they did during beta (of beta folk... late
beta
> >but beta still)...
> >
> >Top 4 candidates based on the survey results I remember are: Chiss (#1
> >request by a large margin, that's Thrawn's race btw), Ewoks, Gungans,
> >Sullustans. All of these races have models in the game, though most of
the
> >Sullustians I've seen are too tall.
>
> I'd play an Ewok.
>
> They're banned from my P&P rpg group, but I'd love to play a
> bloodthirsty little Ewok brawler in an online game; just because they
> got annoying fast when they started branching off into cartoons
> doesn't mean they weren't cool as conceived in RotJ.
>
> --
> Esorattar, Wookiee Doc/Master Bioengineer, Valcyn
> Ryashi Macher, Twi'lek Master Architect/Master Merchant/Master Artisan,
Intrepid

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Can someone say JumpGate ripp off?

And by the way, it's not real-time. It's still technically batch
processes -- select a target and load your combat queues. SOE likes to think
that is real-time combat. lol!

> I hear they didn't make Jawas playable for some reason that they don't
leave
> Tatooine, I would think it'd be the same for Ewoks. Sullustans aren't cool
> enough I don't think. All the Sullustans I see are way short, so, maybe
> that's just you? =)
Sullustans roxxor... (OT: I about fell out of my chair laughing in
X-Wing:Alliance was when they subtitled the Sullustan with ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ in
the DS2 fight...)

> Chiss I think I hear are supposed to be rare in the galaxy. Plus they are
> lame. Blue Humans. Big deal. Same as Zabraks being bald humans with horns.
> They'd better not use Chiss when they have such a good opportunity to put
> something else. I think if you're going to go with the 'basically human'
> route, they should go with midgets. They would own all. =)
Blue humans with Red Eyes.... woooo. Actually, Chiss are rare enough that
the New Republic had no clue what race Thrawn was.

I'd like Ithorians, though they are a very peaceful race... Kind of hard to
fit in well. Gamoreans were on the survey, but made no inroads.

I'd like to see some of the more interesting or 'common' races. Duros.
Chandra-fan. Hell the Duros are supposed to be everywhere by the EU lore...

That's why I love Duros, they are awesome. Alot of the species we like are
humanoid but there's something different about them. Chadra-fan are too
short, Ithorians have funny heads, Shistavanens have funky-bendy legs,
Gammoreans are all fat... I think they are trying to keep them all in the
same basic body shape/model. It's a shame if they are limiting us to that.
They could give us something that's already an NPC... Biths would be rad,
Weequays... Kubaz would work to (Garnindan is Kubaz, erm... if you don't
know who that is, he's the narc who pointed the Stormtroopers toward Docking
Bay 94). Supposedly they WILL be giving us new NPC species and while that
doens't help directly, at least we ought to be able to SEE duros.

> That's why I love Duros, they are awesome. Alot of the species we like
> are humanoid but there's something different about them. Chadra-fan
> are too short, Ithorians have funny heads, Shistavanens have
> funky-bendy legs, Gammoreans are all fat... I think they are trying to
> keep them all in the same basic body shape/model. It's a shame if they
> are limiting us to that. They could give us something that's already
> an NPC... Biths would be rad, Weequays... Kubaz would work to
> (Garnindan is Kubaz, erm... if you don't know who that is, he's the
> narc who pointed the Stormtroopers toward Docking Bay 94). Supposedly
> they WILL be giving us new NPC species and while that doens't help
> directly, at least we ought to be able to SEE duros.

I want to play as Hutt, and give me some fancy armor. He-he

Well, Weequay, Gran, and Duro are good candidates.

I would not want them to make Drall, Selonian, Jawa, or Gungan as player
races.

Falleen would be cool.

A lot of EU races are discovered/encountered in the later period and
hence cannot be included in SWG.

---------------------------
Ranger life: Zing! You've got milk!

Alexei Boukirev wrote:

> "Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in
>
> > That's why I love Duros, they are awesome. Alot of the species we like
> > are humanoid but there's something different about them. Chadra-fan
> > are too short, Ithorians have funny heads, Shistavanens have
> > funky-bendy legs, Gammoreans are all fat... I think they are trying to
> > keep them all in the same basic body shape/model. It's a shame if they
> > are limiting us to that. They could give us something that's already
> > an NPC... Biths would be rad, Weequays... Kubaz would work to
> > (Garnindan is Kubaz, erm... if you don't know who that is, he's the
> > narc who pointed the Stormtroopers toward Docking Bay 94). Supposedly
> > they WILL be giving us new NPC species and while that doens't help
> > directly, at least we ought to be able to SEE duros.
> >

> I want to play as Hutt, and give me some fancy armor. He-he
>
> Well, Weequay, Gran, and Duro are good candidates.

<snip>

Umm... Weequay are stupid. Really really stupid. I mean, they believe an
electronic Magic 8-Ball is their god. Mind you, I've met some people in game
who could naturally roleplay that without even trying, but I don't see that
as a viable choice for a new race. Yeah, they're great warriors, but their
mind pool would have to be something like a 2.

"ehsedrhg" <memememe@here.now> wrote in message news:<Znbjc.76918$I83.1864386@twister.tampabay.rr.com>...
> The problem is the laaaaaag...it would turn out to be whomever has the best
> ping = the automatically the best pilot in the galaxy...
<SNIP>

What about every other online fast twitch game? They are prone to lag
making it difficult, however some of the top world players in
Counterstrike are still on 56k.

Maybe their excuse is going to be laaaaag, but I suspect that they
decided it was going to take too long to implement a fast twitch
combat system that worked within their current framework. Still, at
least we will get a Z-axis! =)

"moldy" <nickmeldrum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "ehsedrhg" <memememe@here.now> wrote in message
> > The problem is the laaaaaag...it would turn out to be whomever has the
best
> > ping = the automatically the best pilot in the galaxy...
> <SNIP>
>
> What about every other online fast twitch game? They are prone to lag
> making it difficult, however some of the top world players in
> Counterstrike are still on 56k.
>
> Maybe their excuse is going to be laaaaag, but I suspect that they
> decided it was going to take too long to implement a fast twitch
> combat system that worked within their current framework. Still, at
> least we will get a Z-axis! =)
I've never had anything but 56k but I've been told by people I used to play
online WWII fighter games with that it does make a difference.I played
AirWarrior years ago and people used to call it "connect warrior".

I hear that friends can ride along in your ship as well.I'm really
interested to know if you'll be able to man a laser turret or gun station on
someone elses ship. Any of yall that have ever played MMO flight sims will
know what i'm talking bout.Can anyone expand on this?

Kovu

Sorry about the email moldy. I hit the wrong reply button.

Latest posts