3DMark06 Score - 4870's in Crossfire

firc_ops_gordo

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
I bought two Sapphire Radeon 4870's yesterday. I must say , it hasn't been all smooth sailing.

That said, i really need to know if it's actually working. I was told the best way to do this is to check in 3DMark06 by testing with crossfire disabled and then again with it disabled. However, i can't 3DMark to run on just one for card for some reason. Keeps crashing.

If I enable Crossfire, I'm getting a 3DMark score of 19105 on with all resolutions set to 1920x1200. No AA. Can anyone tell me if this a good score. Would you consider two cards to be running with this sort of score ?

My set up :

Asus Maximus Formula X38
E8400 Oc'd to 4.0Ghz
OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 SLI-Ready Edition 4GB
2 X Sapphire Radeon 4870's

Also , can anyone advise if the SLI ready memory will have any affect, negative or positive with the ATI cards. Don't ask how I ended up with the SLI ready RAM. A long story.

Any thoughts/feedback would be most appreciated.

akhilles

Splendid
No, SLI-Ready means nothing to Intel chipsets. The option in bios is non-existent. It's seen as any other regular ram. However, I suspect your overclock. Can you save the o/c settings to a profile (asus lets you) and load bios defaults and do 3dmark on both cards?