Sign in with
Your question

Reinstall windows xp

Last response: in Windows XP
October 28, 2010 11:54:10 PM

Hello,
I have a windows xp pro disk but i cant reload it because the computer says its an older version is then any way to get it reinstalled?
If i go to boot from disk it stops at hit enter to install how can i reinstall window ?

More about : reinstall windows

October 29, 2010 1:19:06 AM

Wipe out the original Windows.

"Try" to Repair windows with the new CD. (may not be accepted).

One of these two will work.
m
l
October 29, 2010 2:26:03 AM

tigsounds said:
Wipe out the original Windows.

"Try" to Repair windows with the new CD. (may not be accepted).

One of these two will work.

when i load the disk it gives an error version older then versoin on computer so both did not work I need to get this to reinstall but when i boot from disk it stops at the point it says to enter for clean install and everything stops working
m
l
Related resources
October 29, 2010 3:09:07 AM

To reinstall, you have to boot off the disc. You can't do it from inside windows.

When you press Enter, to continue the install, you said it stops. Is it freezing?
m
l
October 29, 2010 3:22:35 AM

aford10 said:
To reinstall, you have to boot off the disc. You can't do it from inside windows.

When you press Enter, to continue the install, you said it stops. Is it freezing?

it does nothing freezing up or stopped it sits there on the page for hit enter for install or R for repair and does nothing i have to turn it off
m
l
October 29, 2010 3:29:57 AM

Is your keyboard interface (PS2 or USB) enabled in the BIOS?
m
l
October 29, 2010 3:35:50 AM

aford10 said:
Is your keyboard interface (PS2 or USB) enabled in the BIOS?

I am not sure what your asking ? Is that something i need to go in to the bios to find out and what should it be ?
m
l
October 29, 2010 3:39:05 AM

Yes. You should see an option similar to this.
m
l
October 29, 2010 4:04:00 AM

Do you see an integrated peripherals section? It should be under there.

If not, you've got a locked down OEM BIOS.

Are you using a PS2 or USB keyboard?
m
l
October 29, 2010 9:45:00 AM

the keyboard is wireless and is pluged in to a usb port .
can this problem be solved ?
going crazy thanks for the help so far
m
l
October 29, 2010 12:52:32 PM

At the point the windows install stops, is the keyboard lit up?

This should be easily fixable if it's the keyboard. If you have a PS2 keyboard laying around, or one that you could borrow, that'd be a great test.
m
l
October 29, 2010 9:31:22 PM

aford10 said:
At the point the windows install stops, is the keyboard lit up?

This should be easily fixable if it's the keyboard. If you have a PS2 keyboard laying around, or one that you could borrow, that'd be a great test.

YOU ROCK
I didnt know why you were asking me about the keyboard i was typing on to answer you but I hooked up a new Key board and it goes in to reinstall Thank you so much

one more question would the keyboard be why other things were acting up and i might not need to do an install ?
m
l
October 30, 2010 1:58:33 AM

Good to hear!

What else was acting up? It's not likely related to the keyboard. Most likely what was happening, was either your USB keyboard was disabled in the BIOS, or it wasn't initializing by this point.
m
l
October 30, 2010 2:36:08 AM

aford10 said:
Good to hear!

What else was acting up? It's not likely related to the keyboard. Most likely what was happening, was either your USB keyboard was disabled in the BIOS, or it wasn't initializing by this point.

internet sometimes will not load computer will just shut off for no reason
m
l
October 30, 2010 2:50:59 AM

If the PC is shutting down, that's usually caused by heat or a power issue.

What kind of network are you running? This is the most likely cause for the internet not always loading.
m
l
October 30, 2010 3:02:33 AM

aford10 said:
If the PC is shutting down, that's usually caused by heat or a power issue.

What kind of network are you running? This is the most likely cause for the internet not always loading.

heat and power good useing best network Wow way has to offer with out going to industral with a server
m
l
October 30, 2010 3:13:20 AM

If you've backed up your important data, go for the fresh install. It may clear up the network connection. However, if the PC is shutting down, that's not likely software related.
m
l
October 30, 2010 3:18:43 AM

aford10 said:
If you've backed up your important data, go for the fresh install. It may clear up the network connection. However, if the PC is shutting down, that's not likely software related.

thanks for your help so much
m
l
October 30, 2010 3:23:41 AM

You're welcome,
Best of luck!
m
l
!