You can craft AFK

um, just so everyone knows, SOE considers this exploiting, and it is a
bannable offence, check the EULA.

"cbielich" <cbielich@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> www.afkcraft.com

Dak

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003

I dunno how legit this site is but if they are using any type of 3rd party
program(s) - then that's definately strictly illegal and people should stay
clear of it.
SOE does not permit any 3rd party programs/macro'ing but anything you do
(macros) from within the game is permissible.

"cbielich" <cbielich@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> www.afkcraft.com

Ill tell all of you how to do it for free just to piss this guy off

"cbielich" <cbielich@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> www.afkcraft.com

Tell me :)

"EggBert" <EggzRnice@the.henhouse.Bok> schreef in bericht
> Ill tell all of you how to do it for free just to piss this guy off
>
> "cbielich" <cbielich@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > www.afkcraft.com

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:10:25 -0500, "Ghost Dog"
<Godislove4ever@cox.net> graced us with the following words of wisdom:

>um, just so everyone knows, SOE considers this exploiting, and it is a
>bannable offence, check the EULA.

Yep. I know of people doing it for holo-grinding and they've
suggested programs like Actmaker to me, but I'm still clicking my way
to carpal tunnel... *grins*

--
Esorattar, Wookiee Doc/Master Bioengineer, Valcyn
Ryashi Macher, Twi'lek Master Architect/Master Merchant/Master Artisan, Intrepid

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Any macro program like Macro Express will do it for you. It's pretty lame to
use a public newsgroup to sell your junk.

-Max

"cbielich" <cbielich@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> www.afkcraft.com

Wilson

"Max" <maximus@portvista.com> wrote in message
> Any macro program like Macro Express will do it for you. It's pretty lame
> use a public newsgroup to sell your junk.
>
> -Max

Macro Express doesn't work very well for use in SWG in my opinion.

Dave

"cbielich" <cbielich@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> www.afkcraft.com

That would take away the crafting fun!

actually, from a long discussion I once had, here is exactly how the rules
apply:

Macroing in ANY WAY SHAPE or FORM that allows for unattended gameplay is
strictly forbidden...this INCLUDES in game macros that allow you to play
without being present...Macros are meant for quick access to a string of
commands for things like battle and such...it was not designed for dancing
or camping while your snoozing...so all you rightous ppl whom think that
your afk macro you use is permissable, you are misinformed!

outside software (3rd party) reads that you may not use any 3rd party in
sync with this that allows for gameplay outside of the SOE environment or
anything that filters the code, also, you cannot use software that alters
the gameplay (skins)...mainly, this means, you cannot set up your own server
and cannot hack the code...(the 3rd party macro programs are covered in the
first point)

so, just when you think you knew, turns out you didn't know mookey
stink...however, I have heard the urban legend of inside verses outside
macros...and its kinda funny when asking the people where they get their
information from...always from a matter of factly type statment to a "well,
thats what I was told by others:...all leading back to some moron whom
decided not to either read the actual EULA or TOS or simply didn't
comprehend it.

anyhow, who cares anyway...its a bit like using a cheat code...use it, and
the game becomes really interesting for a good 15 minutes, followed by
becoming bored with achieving master level while you sleep...and then the
game is all but ruined for the person. the old phrase, its not the
destination, but the journey that makes it worthwhile really does apply....

what, you wanna be a jedi master right now? ok, poof, you are one...now
what? nothing left to do in the game...might as well quit.

"dak" <swgtitan@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> I dunno how legit this site is but if they are using any type of 3rd party
> program(s) - then that's definately strictly illegal and people should
stay
> clear of it.
> SOE does not permit any 3rd party programs/macro'ing but anything you do
> (macros) from within the game is permissible.
>

> "cbielich" <cbielich@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > www.afkcraft.com

Dak

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2003

Nothing has changed - you can macro while afk. Search the knowledge base -
"Here is the solution: Star Wars Galaxies: Are people allowed to use macros
to Dance/Survey while they are AFK?
At this time there is no policy against AFK macros as long as you are
only using the macro system provided as part of the Star Wars Galaxies game.
The use of 3rd party programs is against the End User License Agreement.

Here is the problem or goal:

"Darth Maus" <nospam@mapson.com> wrote in message

> "cbielich" <cbielich@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> > www.afkcraft.com
>
> That would take away the crafting fun!

Stef

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2002

ehsedrhg <memememe@here.now> wrote:
>actually, from a long discussion I once had, here is exactly how the rules
>apply:
>
>Macroing in ANY WAY SHAPE or FORM that allows for unattended gameplay is
>strictly forbidden...this INCLUDES in game macros that allow you to play
>without being present...Macros are meant for quick access to a string of
>commands for things like battle and such...it was not designed for dancing
>or camping while your snoozing...so all you rightous ppl whom think that
>your afk macro you use is permissable, you are misinformed!

Uhm, who's being righteous here? And who was your long discussion
with? I got a feeling you had already drawn the conclusion you planned
on drawing, no matter what was said at this discussion.

I have a direct screenshot from a dev commenting that whatever is in
the macro system is intentional, and if they don't want something
they'll remove it. That's why you can't craft afk -- they didn't
want it there. If you can do it using the in-game system (provided
it doesn't break any CoC rules), it's strictly NOT forbidden. And
the CoC only specifies outside macros systems are forbidden. Has
this changed in the past few months?

Even some of the GM's don't know what the policy is. However,
the screenie I got is of a dev, not a GM. Developer > GM.

stef

--
email: stef%swcp.com
Stunt Programmers Industries