Status
Not open for further replies.

fudbuster

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
All I can say is WoW at the adolecent ignorance which is allowed to be spewed on what I was told is a reputable forum.

I was told that this site had changed and there was some valuable information posted by a lot of the posters to this site.

The guy the told me this is having a big laugh on me.

Are there any adults posting here who want to offer up their experience and knowledge?

I came here a while back and there was some intelligent discussions in regards to new technoligy and saw a lot of experienced posters.

Looks like a bunch of 12 year olds who want to do nothing more than argue and defend their stupidity.

zenmaster

Splendid
Feb 21, 2006

Considering the Childish nature of the post, I am not surprised at your inability to glean knowledge from this site. Maybe if you have made a single post on thise forum seeking information, you may have found it.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
You have to remember that this forum is one of the older and more popular ones on the net. We have alot of people that come here just to troll the forum and make alot of fanboy comments just to start fires. Example of such a person is Thunderman. Most people tend to get defensive when things such as this happen, and thus causes alot of issues.

Also, as mentioned above. This site is very well known, so we get alot more "newbs" that come here asking for first time help than I have seen from other forums that I am a member of. Many of those new people continue to keep posting in the forums (this is quite welcome and encouraged), but do not have any truly constructive comments to make early on, and after their first build, some become somewhat of fanboys themselves to the parts that worked for them and at the same time quite negative about other areas that do not work for them.

These are a few reasons is to why I believe many seem to find this forum to be less mature if you will, but I check many other forums that are filled with a vast majority of highend knowledgeable users and it is great to see their perspective on a great many issues. At this site however, I feel that there are more people here that need help and that is the main purpose of these forums imo.

We do have plenty of intelligent conversations here, but you just have to ignore the ones that come in and try to purposely ruin a good thing when they see it. Hopefully some agree with me on this issue and it helps to possibly clear up yours and other people's opinions of the forum.

I am not going to call out any sorta of trolling red flags, but if this is a serious post and there is anything you are in need of help on please ask us and we will do our best to help you in any way we can.

Best,

3Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.