Please check if these temperatures are ok.

rabujento

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
i buit a machine where iam using watercooler on processor, it is a thermaltake 760is.

my case is a Akasa infiniti..this like you can see.

http://www.pckoloji.com/attachments/sirket-haberleri/5675d1217682188-akasa-infiniti-dev-kasa-sevenlere-ozel-uretildi-akasa-infiniti.jpg

then i have a phenom II x4 940 processor overclocked to 3.6Ghz

it's 240 x 15 acctually. i also raised the core voltage in 0.05.

and temperatures are 48-49 in idle and 51-52 in full

my ambient temperature is like 30C

so there you go my question..temperature is ok? or it should be more cold?

rabujento

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
yes just seems so, well i think the big problem it that radiator is placed inside the case, if it were out...could be better, but nevermind, it is far better than any air cooler :> thanks man

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Correct, Thermaltake watercoolers are very poor performers. All of those all-in-one kits typically do not do much better than good air coolers for 4x the cost. Watercooling, when done right, requires some research, good components and a good amount of DIY.

rabujento

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
what u mean with DIY? and by the way, i had a nice air cooler, the asus royal knights and i see that with the water cooler it is much better, as i said, indeed thermaltake isnot the best but in comparation with air cooler it gives a nice punch.

+1.

@OP: I do hope the TT doesn't leak on you....

rabujento

Distinguished
May 19, 2009
well for me even being a poor WC it is helping a lot..my temperatures do not go high of 55 when at 3.6 and core voltage at 1.45 @ prime95 stress.

i used to get almost 70C with the asus knight.

tomorrrow ill bring my computer to my work, where has an ar condition and temperatures are like 20C.

and ill see how many degrees it goes down.

maybe theres the issue, i dunno where you guys lives but here where i live it is 30C in the winter, you can imagine in summer ^^, then i dont think the WC is doin a lame work, it on my eyes looks like the place where i live is causing troubles

shrek2

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010

if u change the 1/4 line's and fittings on the pump and radiator to 3/8 u will get better cooling it dropped my temps by 10 degrees