Still no MMC or Group policy editor. Any more ideas

August 21, 2005 10:23:03 PM

I still cant get it to work. Do you have anymore Ideas. NOTE: in the
Enviormental Variables there was no PATH string. Only a PATHEXT one. I did
not touch this one. I added a PATH string with the following line
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM which I believe
is correct. Still no MMC or Group policy editor. So what do you think is
going on anymore Ideas

The MMC still gives me the same error. I still cant get into the group policy
editor or MMC. I tried yours and wesleys Ideas. any more help would be much
appreciated.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> gpedit.msc will start the group policy editor.
>
> See also:
> http://www.google.com/search?q="snap+in+failed+to+initialize"
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I first of all forgot how to get to the group policy editor. But When I go
> > control panel, administrative tools, Group policy management. I get this
> > error that the snap in has failed and a CLSID with a string of numbers.
> > WHat
> > gives. Does anyone know how to get to group policy editor via Run box,and
> > do
> > you know how to fix the group policy management snap in. Is this not some
> > kind of enviormental variant.

Was this post helpful to you?

Why should I rate a post?
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 6:40:25 AM

Hi,

Are you running windows xp professional or windows xp home.

--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"mstout2001" wrote:

> I still cant get it to work. Do you have anymore Ideas. NOTE: in the
> Enviormental Variables there was no PATH string. Only a PATHEXT one. I did
> not touch this one. I added a PATH string with the following line
> %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM which I believe
> is correct. Still no MMC or Group policy editor. So what do you think is
> going on anymore Ideas
>

> The MMC still gives me the same error. I still cant get into the group policy
> editor or MMC. I tried yours and wesleys Ideas. any more help would be much
> appreciated.
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > gpedit.msc will start the group policy editor.
> >
> > See also:
> > http://www.google.com/search?q="snap+in+failed+to+initialize"
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >
> > "mstout2001" <mstout2001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I first of all forgot how to get to the group policy editor. But When I go
> > > control panel, administrative tools, Group policy management. I get this
> > > error that the snap in has failed and a CLSID with a string of numbers.
> > > WHat
> > > gives. Does anyone know how to get to group policy editor via Run box,and
> > > do
> > > you know how to fix the group policy management snap in. Is this not some
> > > kind of enviormental variant.
> >

> Was this post helpful to you?
>
> Why should I rate a post?

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 7:52:03 AM

To open a saved MMC console for a local computer
If you are using Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition, click
here for instructions:
Click Start,
Click Control Panel,
Click Administrative Tools,
Click console.
Notes

Other options for opening consoles:
You can also open console files by using Run As. With this command, you can
log on to your computer with user rights to perform routine tasks, but open
console files to perform administrative tasks with Administrator rights as
necessary. You can use this command by typing runas at the command prompt or
by right-clicking an .msc file, and then clicking Run As.
Open the folder where your console is located, and then click the console.
If you are using Windows 2000, click here for instructions:
Click Start,
Click Settings,
Click Control Panel,
Click Administrative Tools,
Click console.
By default, console files are not available from the Administrative Tools
folder on the Programs menu. However, if you create a custom console and save
it to the per-user Administrative Tools folder (located at
systemdrive\Documents and Settings\user\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative
Tools), this folder appears on the Programs menu for that user.
Related Topics
Also, try going to Help and reading the MMC or look for Console Root.

!