Sign in with
Your question

How much do you think i could sell this system for?

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
June 24, 2008 11:54:00 PM

AMD 64 X2 6000 - 3.02Ghz - Silent Knight II copper HSF
Team Elite DDR2 800Mhz - 4Gb
XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition - i have a Zalman VF1000 Gpu cooler also but im not sure if it will mount on this card
Western Digital 320Gb SATA 7,200rpm HDD
Creative Labs X-Fi XtremeGamer low profile soundcard
850Watt ATX Winpower Psu
Gigabyte M55S-S3 - Rev 2.0 motherboard - 4x sata, 1x ide, 1x pci-e16, 2x pci
Xclio A380 Twin Engine black case (Black with blue leds, 35cm side intake fan, 25cm front intake fan, rear 12cm exhaust fan with grill)

I'm fed up with all the problems i keep causing my self so i'm thinking of selling it and buying a pre-built pc around the same spec, so any input on the price i could get for it would be great.

Thanks.

More about : sell system

June 25, 2008 12:53:16 AM

Depends on what kind of problems you keep having, if it's software side of problems getting a new computer won't help (which I assuming its not). But if it's hardware problems could you tell us what's going on, we may be able to help out with that. Because whatever system you can buy with the money you get from selling that will be pretty **** in comparison, thats how pre-built systems are, their expensive.
June 25, 2008 1:23:27 AM

I have bad luck when it comes to internal hardware lol, thats why i want to sell it as its all new and in mint condition - i keep breaking parts and having to buy new ones, so i want to sell it and buy a pre-built one and not touch it at all. - unless i can find working parts or a techie or osme one who has roughtly the same or better hardware who can stability test mine for me etc...and do a bit of cable tidying :p 

But im going to buy a Nzxt Alpha Classic silent series case, as its the one that came with this system but i sold it with my old pc hardware to a friend for £25 and a pack of cigarettes. - yes i know ive been screwed.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA...

and im trying to find a 650watt modular thats black with 20+4pin, 6 pin pci-e, molex, 4pin atx and two/three sata support. thats atx.
Related resources
June 25, 2008 1:27:07 AM

Dudbomb said:
I have bad luck when it comes to internal hardware lol, thats why i want to sell it as its all new and in mint condition - i keep breaking parts and having to buy new ones, so i want to sell it and buy a pre-built one and not touch it at all.

Wow, don't tell potential buyers that. :na: 

You should probably disassemble it and sell them as parts. You'll probably get more money than trying to sell it whole.
June 25, 2008 1:36:43 AM

LOL sounds like your a curse man just like me. I can build you and everyone else a computer and it will run Perfect. Yet if I build myself a computer or so much look at 1 single little technical specification the computer will break down. So far im 4 for 4 in this, a Fry's computer (built myself), my laptop (chose the specs), a Sony (chose specs), and my new computer I just built 2months ago (had a bad thermaltake PSU and fried the mobo with it)

And yeah I go with selling it separate parts rather than a whole, you get more money that way most likely. And try selling it on ebay.
June 25, 2008 1:37:54 AM

Maybe if you didnt build you computer with so many cheap products you wouldnt have so many problems....
June 25, 2008 1:52:44 AM

First of all what in the world makes you think you need 850watts for that computer or even 650 for that matter, a quality 500watt would be more than enough for that system. Something like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
it's black, it's modular and it's quality. SeaSonic actually makes PSU's for a lot of other companies.

http://www.circuitremix.com/index.php?q=node/94&page=0%...
"Seasonic's M12II 500w sets a high standard for power supplies. Its target market is gamers, and the look and style of the unit would fit well in any case with a window. It has sheathed modular cables, which cause less of a mess when installed in a case. As a power supply, the M12II performed well and was very quiet. It uses high quality components: all capacitors were made in Japan and rated for temperatures of up to 105 degrees celcius. circuitREMIX awards Seasonic's M12II 500w power supply with a 9/10 and our 'Editor's Choice' award!"
June 25, 2008 1:54:38 AM

SuicideSilence said:
Maybe if you didnt build you computer with so many cheap products you wouldnt have so many problems....

LOL! That's the first thing I though of when I looked down the list. The HDD and video card are good but everything else must go.
June 25, 2008 2:24:11 AM

The PSU is probably the problem.
June 25, 2008 2:45:15 AM

I will give you 5 dollars for it
June 25, 2008 2:51:47 AM

In all honesty parting it out and selling it you would get ~$300-$350
June 25, 2008 10:16:06 AM

SuicideSilence said:

Sorry but i find that offensive. - I'm only 17 and i attend college, instead of working - this computer was purchased for gaming, and it does a brilliant job at that, Crysis on all high except postprocessing.
June 25, 2008 3:51:39 PM

Dudbomb said:
Sorry but i find that offensive. - I'm only 17 and i attend college, instead of working - this computer was purchased for gaming, and it does a brilliant job at that, Crysis on all high except postprocessing.

I am so sorry, I didnt mean to offend you. I was just trying to point out that some of the components seem to be of "low quality" brands. Again I didnt mean to offend you. Sorry. :sweat: 

Maybe if you are having so many problems, we can help? Instead of having to buy a whole new machine we can go through the problems together :hello: 
and fix them so you dont have to spend more money.
June 25, 2008 8:53:50 PM

The biggest thing that people cheap out on to try and save a few bucks is the PSU and there is nothing in the system more important. The first thing you should do is buy yourself a quality PSU and once you components are getting solid, stable power I'm sure you'll see a difference in stability and performance.
June 26, 2008 12:26:46 AM

one other idea

take it to a local tech shop and pay them to put it together. you would still be cheaper than an alienware or etc..
!
Grand