darkmatter7

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
I'm looking to build a new gaming/power use computer in the next couple of weeks.

Price Range is <1900

Needs:
- Top performance on demanding games such as Crysis and anything else I decide to throw at it
- Easy expandability potential
- At least 750GB of hard drive space
- Easy compatibility with Ubuntu as I will be dual booting Linux and vista 64bit
- Great all around performance, I am on my computer many hours a day using it for just about every power task: Gaming, Audio Editing, Graphics Editing, Video Editing, Programming, and I may even run it as a web server if I'm in the mood
- I'll probably be using it atleast 3 years, and I would like it to still be a good performer by then
- I don't want it to be a gigantic case as I will be bringing it to LAN parties occasionally
- Good Audio performance

Also, tell me if and/or how much I should overclock to get good and very stable performance.

Also, I'm hoping to use it with my Samsung 32in HDTV which I have used as a monitor for the past 2 years. It uses a 1360 x 768 resolution and has a 60ms refresh rate. I'd really prefer to keep it as my monitor, but will it work for gaming. I also have a good keyboard and mouse and a great set of speakers so no need to include that in the build.

Well, that's pretty much it. I eagerly anticipate your suggestions. If you have any further questions for me, please ask them as I will be checking this post very often.

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
You will get some responses if you post a list of parts you think you want then people will comment on it. This board is not a consulting service which is what you are asking for. This is why you have no responses.

TRENDING THREADS