Sign in with
Your question

Phenom II 940 bogus clock

Last response: in Overclocking
June 14, 2009 10:43:51 PM

Well Ive got this PhenomII 940 on a Zotac M-ITX it ran at actually said Iwas running @ 1125 MHZ whoa. Actually it is a fluke kind o thing..... The Zotac MINI-ITX board that did not know how to act with the 940 installed.... The board is a GF8200-c-e AM2+ for up to Phenom I, the bios threw a fit and OCD it for me Rather nicely I would say. IT all changed when I reflashed the bios..... NOW I cannot get any where near this point. Actually wont let me OC at all.

More about : phenom 940 bogus clock

June 15, 2009 12:41:41 AM

no takers huh
just weird situation thats all
June 15, 2009 5:22:58 AM

Well I thought I would up this screenshot

Related resources
a b K Overclocking
June 15, 2009 7:04:37 AM

Gotta like it!!! Looks like you set a new world record 11,250MHz. Better save that screen shot (LOL)
You definitely have some weird anomalies going on there? You may want to upgrade the MoBo to something that recognizes the 940.
June 15, 2009 7:09:54 AM

Well...... I dont intend to keep it on that board it was a trial..... astounding
Actually I have 7750's for both zotac boards I have wanna pic of my Super desk (in the works) oh hell here it is anyway

Zotac GF8200-c-e/7750 BE/1.5 Tb seagate/4 gigs 800 Xms 2 mounted in desk

Zotac ontop of desk beside Viewsonic 22" 1050 res. LCD Underglass

this actually is much more interesting now as I have both boards installed since the pics.
Also loading Server 2008 on all boards in the desk and on my Gigbyte ma790x-ud4p w/ PII 940 8 gigs 800 (at the moment) and a 4870 X2.
I hope to be able to cluster these (and then some) under windows server 08. This is all for an AI.

Any sugesstions
:sweat: 
June 15, 2009 7:34:28 AM

Damn it would be great to have a clock like that!!!!!
a b K Overclocking
June 15, 2009 7:38:31 AM

A very unique setup. Not sure what you mean by AI?
A friend of mine has the same desk. I think he will be astounded to see what you've done.
June 15, 2009 7:41:20 AM

AI is Artificial Intelligence. I have plans for six more of these rigs to go into this desk. 4 per desk I also have another identical screen for the other side. TheyONLY cost me $350 a pop. I figure why not?
a b K Overclocking
June 15, 2009 7:59:19 AM

When you stated AI, Artifical Intelligence was my first thought, but I wasn't sure if that's what you where referrring to. Designing a system like that is a little over my head as far as suggestions.
June 15, 2009 8:06:56 AM

unclefester said:
When you stated AI, Artifical Intelligence was my first thought, but I wasn't sure if that's what you where referrring to. Designing a system like that is a little over my head as far as suggestions.

well thanx for the postage any way. And if you do stick a light bulb in your mouth and it comes on just be sure to drop me a line with your suggestion. :) 
June 15, 2009 8:17:58 PM

xtc28 said:
Well Ive got this PhenomII 940 on a Zotac M-ITX it ran at actually said Iwas running @ 1125 MHZ whoa. Actually it is a fluke kind o thing..... The Zotac MINI-ITX board that did not know how to act with the 940 installed.... The board is a GF8200-c-e AM2+ for up to Phenom I, the bios threw a fit and OCD it for me Rather nicely I would say. IT all changed when I reflashed the bios..... NOW I cannot get any where near this point. Actually wont let me OC at all.

Try getting rid of Auto Clock Calibration. That setting is supposed to make OC more stable, but it also (??) has the effect of disabling changes to OC settings. Turn it off, set up your OC and then try turning it back on (or leave it off, didn't seem to make much difference on my board).

The setting might be called something else on your board, see if anything rings a bell.
a b K Overclocking
June 15, 2009 9:27:02 PM

CPUZ?
June 16, 2009 3:12:33 AM

Hey guys thanks for the replies..... Although I do know what caused the mess... It has nothing to do with ACC (Advanced Clock Calibration) or AMD Overdrive Auto Clock function.... As my Board does not support either of these... The whole problem was becuase of a bios that did not know how to use the PhenomII 940.... So it ran the frequency to 750 and ran the stock multiplier of 15xLuckily I was running a water cooler when we did this.... Cpu-z Actually did agree with coretemp except for temp it said it was 2 degrees hotter... Whoopty doo..... Anywho I didnt save a screenshot of CPU-Z. At that point I didnt think it was neccesary (wrong), too many sceptics... BUT, what can I say there are some dishonest mofos out there.

To further clear up the situation here is a post from another thread, where I left a post about this issue:

Im not running that right now. But I do definitely agree with you on Im no where near that 11.25Ghz but the good old core temp and cpuz seem to think otherwise.I will post shot just tell me how and it will be done. Also I belive this is glitch in firmware as I posted earlier this fluke went away after A bios reflash. I do have another Zotac MITX board with the original bios mounted in my desk right now. As for another 940, I do not have. By the way there is no reason to be dick... Im asking ?s as to why this would happen. Im am not arguing this is an implausible OC, again I did not manually set it. I did not save a screenshot of cpuz only core temp. It would be hard to validate something in cpuz that is not running now. Although I would love some input on what happened here if you dont have any constructive input dont reply.

Now, I do have another Zotac GF8200-c-e M-ITX with the original bios mounted to my desk (opposite to the one in the right hand desk/ Mirror image). I plan on trying to replicate thiss mess in that board...... When I get time. Untill then some reasons why The bios would do this is what I am really after.

I apreciate all you takes a look or WHO replies.
July 9, 2009 11:23:25 PM

ok I did not duplicate the problem and im tiredof trying so closed I say.....
!