Corsair XMS2 DDR2 error.

johncarter0000

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2008
Hello,

My system kept on crashing these days. So I ran the Memory Diagnostics Tools in Vista. I was told that my memory has problems. Then I switched two new sticks into the system (Corsair Value rams DDR2 667), as a result, the error is gone now.

So my questi(on is this: so is it safe to say that my old memory has problems (using Vista's Memory Diagnostics Tools)?

If so, how do I get RMA number from Corsair? Do I have to email/call thier support team?

My memory sticks in question: Corsair XMS2-6400 2 gb kit.

Thank you

mikeynavy1976

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
While you may have set 2.1V in the BIOS what does the actual voltage in Windows say (i.e. using HW Monitor). You probably have Vdrop causing it to be lower. Also, what timing values have you set? Make sure those are set to spec in the BIOS as well. As far as getting and RMA just call Corsair. They seem to have a good technical support department.

XMSYellowbeard

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2006
If you look at the amount of people buying Corsair, then no the failure rate is not high. It only seems so because of 2 things;

1. Most people in forums are posting about issues so the perception of a high problem rate is skewed and.....

2. We have a huge amount of memory out there so, even with a low failure rate, we appear to have more issues than other companies.

johncarter0000

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2008
I have to agree with XMS. My other set of Corsair is working fine.

Anyways, I've already shipped the RAM to Corsair for replacement. I did a number of memory tests on that set (including memtest86+), and it seems like the RAM is faulty (first I left everything at default, then I tried to adjust a few settings).

My system is: E6600, Asus P5W DH Deluxe
1900XTX, Antec Trio PSU 550W