Soleone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2008
Hey guys,

I recently build a new PC (see below for full spec) including the Asus P5QL Pro. I built the whole system, then powered on, and after 10 seconds, the onboard Power LED flashed shortly and it restarted.

After that the system was on for like a minute and then it powered off, and the onboard power LED started flashing. When I moved the pc case to the side (90 degrees), it suddenly stopped flashing. Note: The power was off, but it was still connected to the socket.

When I firmly pressed the area around the graphics card, then LED started flashing again. The board seemed very sensitive in that area. So when I lightly pressed the graphics card, it would flash (which resulted in powering off the system when it was on).

This all seemed very strange to me, I built some systems before but never experienced something like this.

I am very sure that the system has enough power (450 watts and that the PSU is intact - it's from a friend who used it before). Also the CPU cooler is mounted correctly and had thermo paste already applied to it. So I don't think it's a heat issue or not enough power which causes it to power down. Also the onboard LED flashes even when the PC is not even turned on, for example when I press the mentioned area.

Any ideas guys? I would be very grateful for everything!

Currently I am thinking that the board has some defect, and I am considering sending it back. I really liked the board though (from it's specs and for the price).

1. Do you have ever experienced something like this? Is it likely that it's a defect?
2. Do you another recommendation for a similar board I could get? Because it's out of stock right now where I was ordering it.

Thanks for reading this, and to anyone offering his help!

Full system spec:
■Asus P5QL PRO Motherboard
■Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Processor
■2x OCZ SLI-Ready Dual Channel 2048MB PC6400
■PNY Geforce 8800 GT
■Maxtor DiamondMax 21 500GB
■450W PSU (not sure which one at the moment)

G

hi , i also hav xperience some sort of the led light flashing ... what i did was dismantle part by part of the mobo .... disconnect the hdd , rams , graphic card and the sound card also reinstall the cpu .... just connect directly power supply to the mobo and see the led light is constant on...it work for me

TRENDING THREADS