Can i remove the write protection on a hdd camera?

SMOKEN

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
I want to know if the write protection on a HDD camcorder can be removed. For example i have a sony dcr-sr55e and when i connect the camera to the pc and try to do anything with the videos on the hdd exept copying it doesnt let me. :fou: So basicaly the hdd in the camera can only be used by the camera (writind, deleting, copying). I would GREATELY apreciate any help!! :D :wahoo: Oh i forgot to mention that the memory stick's that i put in the camera canot be touched when the cam is used as the memory card's reader. If i put the memory card in my psp it works (i CAN put stuff on it wrom my psp but not from the cam).

Sory for my bad english but i am bulgarian and sory for not making sence at the end but i'm sooo sleep deprived trat i think i'm going to faint so i better post this soon.... :sleep:

doormatderek

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Just copy the file to your computer. If you can't make changes to the file itself... RIGHT CLICK on the file, click PROPERTIES. and under Properties, there should be a check box for READ ONLY. Uncheck the box, hit APPLY, and you should be set..