GA-EP35-DS4(rev. 2.1) not on Newegg or Mwave

scott_see

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
The naming conventions for Gigabyte has my head spinning, but after browsing Gigabyte's site for hours, I think I want the GA-EP35-DS4(rev. 2.1). Now I see it's not for sale on Newegg or Mwave. I like Mwave since they'll test the mobo/cpu/ram for $9.

Is there an equivalent board? I'm not a gamer, so I don't think I need a more recent chipset for dual video cards or anything. I'm going for bang-for-buck and plenty of flexibility and options. And most importantly, stability--hence my hanging back from the bleeding edge.

You'd think Gigabyte would explain what all the letters mean. It'd save hours of comparing stuff.

Thanks,

scott_see

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Isn't the only advantage of P45 the dual graphics cards? I don't need that, so I figured I'd get more value from a P35 chipset board. Right?

Thanks,

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
The the chipsets are very similar. The P45 has ICH10 and PCIe 2.0, neither of which is earth shattering IMO.

The question is, can you find the P35 mobo you are looking for? If the answer is yes, then buy it. If the answer is no, then get the P45, because you will have no choice.

The difference in cost should not be much.