ASUS P5E Deluxe: What's wrong?

I need a new x48 mobo and I came across Asus's P5E Deluxe which is essentially a Rampage Formula without its expensive overclocking features. But i'm surprised to find that I cant find a single review on this board. There are also relatively few posts of the board in the Asus forums and none of them sound good. It feels as if there's something really bad about the board which users are hiding from us. Can anyone explain this phenominon to me? I really want to buy a x48 board to get the best out of Crossfire but before I do that I need to have a good comparison of the available x48 boards, especially those of Asus and Gigabyte.

auscanzukus

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
The board has what it takes to be a good Crossfire mobo & overclocker. Specs:

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=2219&l1=3&l2=11&l3=640&l4=0

Take these with a grain of salt:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=13-131-317&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&SelectedRating=-1&PurchaseMark=&VideoOnlyMark=False&Keywords=&Page=

I googled, but couldn't find a reputable review. The thing is that reviewers like to be copycats. i.e. if Tom reviews this board, everyone else will follow suite and neglect some other products. In this case, I would read user comments in forums.

Many of the comments on Newegg mentioned issues with this board. Together with Rampage Formula sign hidden under a sticker, similar pcb, and full compatibility with the Rampage Bios, seems to be evidence that these boards were originally made to be Rampage boards, but were sold as "P5E Deluxe" due to defective components.

If this turns out to be true then I would be very disappointed with Asus. I have always looked up to them for making the world's best boards, but stooping so low so as to salvage cost by selling defective products would be to me an unforgivable sin. To have things turn out like this just when I decide to get my first Asus board...

Shinigami84

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
Its absolutely normal for ASUS to make several names of the same product and sell it with different price. Gives you an ability to get what you want cheaper. They did the same thing with Striker mobo, but I can't remember the name of its "clone" (which had a lower price). P5something :)
I can say if you're getting the best, then its almost hand-picked. If you try to save as much as you can, don't blame others, be happy it works. And if it doesn't - return to manufacturer/shop.
Oh and I don't think they're defective products, it could be users expecting their motherboards to have things they don't have.