Connecting xp with win2k

How is the best way to go about it?
I set up a small network and made a network wizard disc for 2k but it says
that the netwiz dose not support 2k?
Help please anyone
Daniel
3 answers Last reply
More about connecting win2k

    You might want to post this in the networking forum.

    Daniel wrote:

    > How is the best way to go about it?
    > I set up a small network and made a network wizard disc for 2k but it
    > says that the netwiz dose not support 2k?
    > Help please anyone
    > Daniel

    1. Create identical user accounts/passwords on both machines.
    2. Make shares and make sure permissions are set to Everybody.
    3. Configure firewalls to allow the lan as trusted.

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
    (Pro)

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Daniel wrote:
    > How is the best way to go about it?
    > I set up a small network and made a network wizard disc for 2k but it says
    > that the netwiz dose not support 2k?
    > Help please anyone
    > Daniel

    On the WinXP PC, create local user account(s), with password(s),
    that have the desired access privileges to the desired shares. Log on
    to the other PCs using those account(s), and you will be able to
    access the designated shares, provided your network is configured
    properly. Also, make sure that WinXP's built-in firewall
    is either disabled or set to allow exceptions for file and print sharing.

    On the Win2K PC, create local user account(s), with password(s),
    that have the desired access privileges to the desired shares. Log on
    to the other PCs using those account(s), and you will be able to
    access the designated shares, provided your network is configured
    properly.

    Usually, WinXP's Networking Wizard makes it simple and painless --
    almost entirely automatic, in fact. There's a lot of useful,
    easy-to-follow information in WinXP's Help & Support files, and here:

    Home Networking
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/howto/homenet/default.asp

    Networking Information
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking.htm

    PracticallyNetworked Home
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/index.htm

    Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ

    Configuring Windows 2000 Professional to Work in a Peer-to-Peer
    Network
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q258717

    --

    Bruce Chambers