Daniel

How is the best way to go about it?
I set up a small network and made a network wizard disc for 2k but it says
that the netwiz dose not support 2k?
Help please anyone
Daniel

Daniel wrote:
> How is the best way to go about it?
> I set up a small network and made a network wizard disc for 2k but it says
> that the netwiz dose not support 2k?
> Help please anyone
> Daniel

On the WinXP PC, create local user account(s), with password(s),
that have the desired access privileges to the desired shares. Log on
to the other PCs using those account(s), and you will be able to
access the designated shares, provided your network is configured
properly. Also, make sure that WinXP's built-in firewall
is either disabled or set to allow exceptions for file and print sharing.

On the Win2K PC, create local user account(s), with password(s),
that have the desired access privileges to the desired shares. Log on
to the other PCs using those account(s), and you will be able to
access the designated shares, provided your network is configured
properly.

Usually, WinXP's Networking Wizard makes it simple and painless --
almost entirely automatic, in fact. There's a lot of useful,
easy-to-follow information in WinXP's Help & Support files, and here:

Home Networking
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/howto/homenet/default.asp

Networking Information
http://www.onecomputerguy.com/networking.htm

PracticallyNetworked Home
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/index.htm

Steve Winograd's Networking FAQ

Configuring Windows 2000 Professional to Work in a Peer-to-Peer
Network
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q258717

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

You might want to post this in the networking forum.

"Daniel" wrote:

> How is the best way to go about it?
> I set up a small network and made a network wizard disc for 2k but it says
> that the netwiz dose not support 2k?
> Help please anyone
> Daniel

Malke

Daniel wrote:

> How is the best way to go about it?
> I set up a small network and made a network wizard disc for 2k but it
> says that the netwiz dose not support 2k?
> Help please anyone
> Daniel

1. Create identical user accounts/passwords on both machines.
2. Make shares and make sure permissions are set to Everybody.
3. Configure firewalls to allow the lan as trusted.

http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm (Home)
(Pro)

Malke
--