Sign in with
Your question

Strange slow startup

Last response: in Windows XP
October 31, 2010 12:07:27 AM

I have a high-end system, an I7 with all the perks and I just made a clean install. I have XP SP3 32-bit and everything works like a charm, except for a strange delay on my startup. I've spent a lot of time trying to narrow down what's causing it, without success one might say.

Basically everything in the system tray starts up immediately, except for MSN and Lavasoft Ad-Aware, which are the last to start. Avast 5.0.677 starts but takes a bit to initialize all shields. It takes around one minute from the point where Avast starts running till MSN pops-up, then followed by Ad-Aware. I've tried disabling them one at a time, I disabled all unnecessary startup items, changed scan/program startup setting, but alas it remains the same.

I don't know what else to do, but this can't be normal! The only piece of software I installed differently from what I had before formatting is Nero BurnLite 10.

Any ideas? I've searched Avast Forums and pretty much everywhere but I can't seem to get to the bottom of this...

More about : strange slow startup

November 5, 2010 4:11:07 PM

Well although I had no replies I ended up finding out what was the cause. It was no other than Nero Burnlite 10! After I uninstalled it and every one of its components, my startup is now normal again.

So piece of advise, avoid it!
!