Disappearing storage space on hard disk

davidjana

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
Hard disk space on my laptop is disappearing. As soon as I create some space by deleting, it seems to just fade away! Any tips?

bc4

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2004
Yeah, the brand of the laptop would also help.

I use a Lenovo Thinkpad and had the same problem. Turns out, the thinkpad lines had the back up program turned on by default. Google your laptop brand and see if you can find out what your back up program is called. Then open up the program and see if you can't disable it or limit the amount of space it takes up.

davidjana

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

Yes, I have Norton premium 360... and I 'chatted' with a technician who was convinced that a) no virus, and b) Norton was installed correctly...

davidjana

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

It's an ACER aspire 5633... and runs on Vista. It has it's own 'Acer' backup, but this is non-active. Norton does the back ups.
Could it be something to do with file management? I've also tried resizeing the shadow storage space, but to no avail....

davidjana

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009

Hi Shadow, I've Norton premium, and chatted on line with technical support. Apparently no virus and correctly installed - just two weeks ago. Conincidentally, around about the time the problem started....