Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows XP Blocking a site

Last response: in Windows XP
October 31, 2010 12:49:12 AM

Hi, I have pop-up options when I go into a site, and I go into "Golden Casket" Qld every week, but last night for some unknown reason Windows blocked the site saying there was a "malicious or malware user in a pop-up", and therefore had blocked it.
They didn't say how to solve this problem, and to go back to home page or try again to get on the site?
Have tried this morning and still can't get the site, and don't know how to solve this problem?
Some other problems have occurred since I installed FREE AVG 10, and wondering if this is the culprit.
If anyone can help in anyway, I would appreciate it very much?
Cheers Anniebo

More about : windows blocking site

October 31, 2010 9:08:01 PM

Did you recently remove adware? It sounds like you may have a rootkit.
Score

Best solution

November 1, 2010 1:40:09 AM

Try downloading and installing Malwarebytes from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and then scanning your computer to see what it picks up.

Malwarebytes is FREE and it's very good at detecting malware and spyware.

It's looks very dodgy for a pop to come up like that and some can look very legit but in actual fact, a scam to fool you into downloading spyware/malware software.

Let us know how you get on.
Related resources
November 1, 2010 7:24:05 AM

patlaw said:
Did you recently remove adware? It sounds like you may have a rootkit.

I only installed AVG 2011 Free Download.....it removed AVG Free 9, then all hell broke loose. Is AVG 'adware', and what is 'rootkit'....I am a senior and still learning all these words?
Last night I managed to install Norton 360 .4 after many screens of instructions and screens freezing this morning, but have just switched on and all seems to be running ok with Norton.
The Computer Club I go to, have now advised us not to install AVG 2011 until they find out more about it, as other members have been having trouble with their computers too!
Thanks for your reply, most appreciated,
Regards
Score
November 1, 2010 7:29:04 AM

superfishnz said:
Try downloading and installing Malwarebytes from here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and then scanning your computer to see what it picks up.

Malwarebytes is FREE and it's very good at detecting malware and spyware.

It's looks very dodgy for a pop to come up like that and some can look very legit but in actual fact, a scam to fool you into downloading spyware/malware software.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi,
I have replied to 'patlaw' above, can you please read that reply?
As to downloading any else I might wait a while, as the Norton 360 .4 might seek out whatever, but if anything plays up I will look at doing what you suggest.
Thanks for your reply,
Regards
Score
November 8, 2010 8:18:47 PM

Best answer selected by anniebo.
Score
November 8, 2010 8:21:26 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!