Samsung: any better than 226CW?

wieslaw

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Hi there,
I'm going to buy new system, with HD4870.

Searching for Samsung display. Roughly for Samsung :)
Is there any better than 226CW (22") in it's price range?

If anyone had an experience with 226CW, your replys are welcome as well.

P.S. My previous displays were 17" and got laptop 15.4". I'm kind of afraid of bigger than 22" at the moment. Well, maybe my eyes could handle 24". Maybe.

Thanks,
Wieslaw

randomizer

Champion
If you go bigger than 22" you'll want to get a panel other than TN because the viewing angles are horrendous at greater than that size unless you sit pretty far back. I've read that the 226CW had major issues with image quality, but it could be another monitor I was thinking about. In any case, if you are looking for the official successor to the famous 226BW, you are really after the 2253BW. Unfortunately (and then again it may actually be a good thing) you can no longer enter the panel "lottery," Samsung only sell C panels now. I have one and it still has the well known blue dominance, but you can tweak it if necessary to improve image quality.

wieslaw

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Actually I've thought 226CW is better than 226BW, due it is improved version of it (has richer gamut and something else, minor improvement).
And what's much more important, only Samsung panel there (no lottery as in BW version).
Am I wrong?