Mobo Suggestion for Quad OC/Crossfire

aberchonbie

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
I have a Q6600 and want to overclock it to a modest 3.0GHz..

Looking at x38/x48 boards for crossfire capability..

Looking at mobo layers/phases.. maybe the DFI x38 t2r/t2rb (what i was going to go with) is not sufficient to OC to 3.0GHz? I heard they run hot..

Been trying to read but can't find good info..

There will be no other hardware limitations (PSU/RAM)

Also, on a budget of 200 or less..

Help would be greatly appreciated!

bolsonic

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I have personally heard DFI or Asus are the top 775 boards, I have used Asus for years without problems, the only thing I have heard about the DFI boards is to stay away from the lower end products to avoid the heat/reliability issues. The ONLY board I didnt use from Asus was a Gigabyte 939 chipset board and let me tell you I coulda kicked that boards ass for all the trouble it put me through. I ended up having a bad Raptor drive but the damn board wouldnt detect a error with the drive. To make a long and expensive story short I bought a Asus to replace it since I thought it was a bad motherboard and as soon as I plugged in the Raptor the Asus said "no no" and bsod'd on me. If the Gigabyte didnt work for a day or two and then BSOD maybe I coulda used it and gave it a honest opinion, but since their support and product sucked I say screw them.

bolsonic

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
I have personally heard DFI or Asus are the top 775 boards, I have used Asus for years without problems, the only thing I have heard about the DFI boards is to stay away from the lower end products to avoid the heat/reliability issues. The ONLY board I didnt use from Asus was a Gigabyte 939 chipset board and let me tell you I coulda kicked that boards ass for all the trouble it put me through. I ended up having a bad Raptor drive but the damn board wouldnt detect a error with the drive. To make a long and expensive story short I bought a Asus to replace it since I thought it was a bad motherboard and as soon as I plugged in the Raptor the Asus said "no no" and bsod'd on me. If the Gigabyte didnt work for a day or two and then BSOD maybe I coulda used it and gave it a honest opinion, but since their support and product sucked I say screw them.

TRENDING THREADS