Diamond's xDNA on 4800s?

ouroboros

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2007
Has anyone heard whether or not Diamond is adding their xDNA chip on their 4800 lineup? I've written them and gotten no response, there's little mention of xDNA on the web that I haven't read and practically nothing one way or the other whether or not it's to be included in their 4800s.

For those who are not familiar with the chip: Diamond's xDNA essentially allows you to Crossfire their cards on any chipset, even Nvidia's. Yeah, both cards have to have their chip (only available on their cards) but it also means that those who want to make the switch to ATI's Crossfire don't need to purchase an entirely new mbd.

Unfortunately I've seen no mention of the xDNA chip in any (p)review of Diamond's 4800 line, not even a mention regarding an abscence of the chip.

invisik

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2008
interesting nope i havent heard about it either but i think they might be working on it, could take some time tho. how exactly can u do cf on any chipset? thro software?

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Im assuming "the crossfiring" would be done on these xDNA chips themselves instead of the chip on the motherboard. Very cool concept, hopefully it works without a performance hit and catches on.