Hi,

When I use this news room I am always known as new user 2003, how can I have
a name like everyone one else.

Gordon

"new office 2003 user" <newoffice2003user@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When I use this news room I am always known as new user 2003, how can
> I have a name like everyone one else.

It's not a "News room" - you are accessing a global Usenet News group via a
clunky web interface. Your best bet, (if you are not behind a corporate
firewall) is to use a proper News reader. Outlook Express (which you have on
your machine as part of Internet Explorer) is capable of doing so.

Have a look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/howto/oe/gettingnews.mspx

Hello, As stated you can use Outlook Express, or another newsreader (paid or
free).
If you would like to continue using the Microsoft Newsreader, one way to
have a name, aquire a Hotmail Account (free). Use the name you want on the
mail account, MyName@hotmail.com. Then it is a three step process, come to
the newsreader site
,(http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx) and
click on "sign in", sign in using Hotmail name and password, a pop up will
ask "is it ok to redirect" click yes. you will return to the newsreader and
your posting will have your Hotmail name.

take care.
beamish.