Exclamation mark before "PCI Input Device"

Pegasus15

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
Yesterday, I installed Vista 64 bits on my new computer. My sound card is my old Audigy 2 ZS. I installed the latest Creative driver that I found on the Creative web site (SBAX_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0001). The sound card seems to work correctly because I can ear my speakers, but when I look at the Control panel/System/Device Manager, I see a exclamation mark before "PCI Input Device". I know the problem, comes from the sound card because the exclamation mark disappear when I take off the sound card. I would like to know where can I find the missing driver and if this situation can cause my any problem in the future.

My computer: Windows Vista 64 bits Home Premium (French version)
CPU: Intel Q9450
Motherboard: Asus Rampage formula
Video Card: ATI Sapphire HD4870
Gaming wheel: Logitech Wingman Formula Force (not plugged yet)

Thanks,

Pegasus15

Balthazor

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
I think this might be the midi game port device, which may not be operational under Vista x64. But that is just an educated guess, and more guess than education.

GratefulDawg

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
I am having the same problem. Thing is that when I was using F7 Bios for my Gigabyte GA965P-DS3 There was no PCI Input Device missing. Once I upgraded the Bios to F13 it suddenly Vista x64 found the Game Controller part of the Audigy 2 ZS card and can't get it to go away.

I know I can just ignore it but seems like if it had no problem before that this issue could be fixed