what happened to scoped/barreled blasters?

Waaaay back in the day a few people were crafting DL44's with a scope and a
barrel actually on the blaster, that you could see. I still have one of
them, a Metal DL44 with a black barrel. Also a few weeks ago I picked up a
Power5 with a different style barrel on it. What's the deal with these? Why
can't people put the things on them any more? Was it nerfed for some reason?
I've seen people with Stocked Laster rifles, and I think scoped and barreled
acid carbines and rifles... I could be wrong... but anyhow, can anyone do
this? I want a few Black DL44's with scopes and barrels (like Han Solo's)
for display. If you can do these and are on the Naritus server, please email
me.

Anthony Giampa; Imperiai2@cox.net
In the year 2000: "...The American bald eagle will be taken off the
protective species list,
not because it's no longer endangered, but because it is a douchebag." --
David Duchovney

"Anthony Giampa" <Imperiai2@cox.net> wrote in message
> Waaaay back in the day a few people were crafting DL44's with a scope and
> barrel actually on the blaster, that you could see. I still have one of
> them, a Metal DL44 with a black barrel. Also a few weeks ago I picked up a
> Power5 with a different style barrel on it. What's the deal with these?
Why
> can't people put the things on them any more? Was it nerfed for some
reason?
> I've seen people with Stocked Laster rifles, and I think scoped and
barreled
> acid carbines and rifles... I could be wrong... but anyhow, can anyone do
> this? I want a few Black DL44's with scopes and barrels (like Han Solo's)
> for display. If you can do these and are on the Naritus server, please
email
> me.
Optional components that can be added during construction. The problem is
that it usually increases the HAM cost for a trivial bonus (+1 accuracy at
long range or something), so they don't get made much.

Any decent weaponsmith should be able to make the items you want.

Anthony Giampa wrote:

> Waaaay back in the day a few people were crafting DL44's with a scope and a
> barrel actually on the blaster, that you could see. I still have one of
> them, a Metal DL44 with a black barrel. Also a few weeks ago I picked up a
> Power5 with a different style barrel on it. What's the deal with these? Why
> can't people put the things on them any more? Was it nerfed for some reason?
> I've seen people with Stocked Laster rifles, and I think scoped and barreled
> acid carbines and rifles... I could be wrong... but anyhow, can anyone do
> this? I want a few Black DL44's with scopes and barrels (like Han Solo's)
> for display. If you can do these and are on the Naritus server, please email
> me.

Unless things have changed recently, weaponsmiths should still be able to do
this. As far as I know (but I could be wrong), the different looks on the same
weapon are purely a cosmetic choice that comes up in the crafting.

They'd be for display-- so cosmetics are the point. I asked one guy to do
this for me, and he said he did but when I picked them up they didn't have
him and he's like, "huh... well sometimes they don't show up."