DISH 811 and Mitsubishi WS-65513 DVI problems

Last response: in Home Theatre
September 19, 2005 12:07:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.dbs.echostar,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

I have the DISH 811 and a Mitsubishi 65513 Digital TV. For about a
year and a half it was connected via the DVI port. All of a sudden the
picture was repalce by a blue screen. Connecting the 811 to the tv via
the DTV connections works fine.

All of the other inputs work so I assumed it was the 811, I got anoter
one and the same thing.

I brought home my computer display from work, a dell 15" flat panel,
with DVI inputs and tested the cable and 811 output and it worked fine.

I contacted Sears repair (the prople i bought the tv from) and he has
replaced the mlink card and some other parts and still the same
problem.

He contacted Mitsubishi, They said it must be the 811, pointed out the
paragraph at the bottom of page 12 of the oners manual that states
"This input is not intended for use with personal computers or devices
outputting video signal with computer resolution" and then hung up the
phone

Has anyone else had this problem? Sears says he dose't have any way of
testing the DVI imputs of the tv.

I would appreciate any help or ideas hay one has.

Thanks
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 8:01:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.dbs.echostar,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

Mitsubishi's reply has nothing to do with your situation since you did not
hook up a personal computer to your TV set, you did it the other way around,
connected a PC monitor to your 811 to prove the output from 811 was good.
Nowhere along the way did you connect a PC to the Mitsubishi, so they cannot
blame you for anything.

Typical response from a customer support drone that thought he found a
loophole allowing him to hang up on you. I suggest you call them again and
explain the whole thing better this time, and don't let yourself be
intimidated. If you are positive the problem lies with your display you can
tell them that you tried your 811 at a friend that has the same set and it
worked perfectly, but it does not work on yours.

Good luck anyway!

<pjslak@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have the DISH 811 and a Mitsubishi 65513 Digital TV. For about a
> year and a half it was connected via the DVI port. All of a sudden the
> picture was repalce by a blue screen. Connecting the 811 to the tv via
> the DTV connections works fine.
>
> All of the other inputs work so I assumed it was the 811, I got anoter
> one and the same thing.
>
> I brought home my computer display from work, a dell 15" flat panel,
> with DVI inputs and tested the cable and 811 output and it worked fine.
>

> I contacted Sears repair (the prople i bought the tv from) and he has
> replaced the mlink card and some other parts and still the same
> problem.
>
> He contacted Mitsubishi, They said it must be the 811, pointed out the
> paragraph at the bottom of page 12 of the oners manual that states
> "This input is not intended for use with personal computers or devices
> outputting video signal with computer resolution" and then hung up the
> phone
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? Sears says he dose't have any way of
> testing the DVI imputs of the tv.
>
> I would appreciate any help or ideas hay one has.
>
> Thanks

September 21, 2005 7:10:45 PM

On 19-Sep-2005, "ZVR" <nospamever@me.net> wrote:

> Typical response from a customer support drone that thought he found a
> loophole allowing him to hang up on you. I suggest you call them again and
> explain the whole thing better this time, and don't let yourself be
> intimidated.

> If you are positive the problem lies with your display you can
> tell them that you tried your 811 at a friend that has the same set and it
> worked perfectly, but it does not work on yours.

A recent post here complained about CSRs lying to them.

But now we have a recommendation that customers should lie to a CSR.

Is it any wonder that there are problems in diagnosing and solving problems
when both parties are lying to each other?
--
September 22, 2005 5:16:21 AM

<John@SunPrairieWI.com> wrote in message

> On 19-Sep-2005, "ZVR" <nospamever@me.net> wrote:
>
>> Typical response from a customer support drone that thought he found a
>> loophole allowing him to hang up on you. I suggest you call them again
>> and
>> explain the whole thing better this time, and don't let yourself be
>> intimidated.
>
>> If you are positive the problem lies with your display you can
>> tell them that you tried your 811 at a friend that has the same set and
>> it
>> worked perfectly, but it does not work on yours.
>
> A recent post here complained about CSRs lying to them.
>
> But now we have a recommendation that customers should lie to a CSR.
>
> Is it any wonder that there are problems in diagnosing and solving
> problems
> when both parties are lying to each other?

Damnit John, stop clouding the issue with reason and logic.
September 22, 2005 6:01:05 AM

On 21-Sep-2005, "ZVR" <nospamever@me.net> wrote:

> In my opinion when a company treats their customers like that the customer
>
> has every right to fight back with the same methods.

I suppose that may be true but a CSR and a customer lying to each other is
not going to solve the problem

I have found that exercising my so-called right to belittle a CSR is usually
not helpful.

So one has to decide what is wanted: A heated argument or a soluton to the
problem.
September 22, 2005 6:01:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.dbs.echostar,alt.tv.tech.hdtv (More info?)

So again, what do you suggest? Calling Mitsubishi again? What if they hang
up on him again? Nobody was talking about "belittle-ing" the CSR here, just
making sure they give the issue the due diligence. If the only way one can
get them to do that is by lying to them, I see no problem with that. Again,
it is them that are triggering this behavior.

Anyhow, I ask again. Suppose I am wrong - what's your recommendation then?