Hi all

I just installed WINXP
On the login screen - when I click my name / icon - Windows is shown.
How do I make the login screen ask for a password when I click my name?

Boash

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:OFdHOSypFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Guy Cohen <noemail@please.com> had this to say:

> Hi all
>
> I just installed WINXP
> On the login screen - when I click my name / icon - Windows is shown.
> How do I make the login screen ask for a password when I click my
> name?
>
> Boash

Start > run > type "control userpasswords" (without the quotes) > click your
account > click assign a password > do so...

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes

If you already have a password assigned, use a different method.

Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 Check the box users must enter a username and password.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:OFdHOSypFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi all
>
> I just installed WINXP
> On the login screen - when I click my name / icon - Windows is shown.
> How do I make the login screen ask for a password when I click my name?
>

> Boash

TRENDING THREADS