Login with password

Hi all

I just installed WINXP
On the login screen - when I click my name / icon - Windows is shown.
How do I make the login screen ask for a password when I click my name?

Boash
2 answers Last reply
More about login password

    In news:OFdHOSypFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
    Guy Cohen <noemail@please.com> had this to say:

    > Hi all
    >
    > I just installed WINXP
    > On the login screen - when I click my name / icon - Windows is shown.
    > How do I make the login screen ask for a password when I click my
    > name?
    >
    > Boash

    Start > run > type "control userpasswords" (without the quotes) > click your
    account > click assign a password > do so...

    Galen
    --

    "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
    its solution is its own reward."

    Sherlock Holmes

    If you already have a password assigned, use a different method.

    Start, Run and enter CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 Check the box users must enter a username and password.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    "Guy Cohen" <noemail@please.com> wrote in message news:OFdHOSypFHA.3568@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I just installed WINXP
    > On the login screen - when I click my name / icon - Windows is shown.
    > How do I make the login screen ask for a password when I click my name?
    >

    > Boash

Login Microsoft Windows XP