AMD AM2 Athlon 64 6000+ stock fan

Sorta fits into this category, i was just wondering if the stock fan that comes with the processor is any good? Or would it be worth changing it out for something else? I wont be overclocking

Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
10 answers Last reply
More about athlon 6000 stock
  1. I got the Arctic Cooler 64 which is a fair bit better than the stock fan, and it's cheap too. If you plan any overclocking definitely a new fan, otherwise if you've got decent case cooling you can get away with the normal fan.
  2. if you won't be overclocking, then the stock cpu fan is fine. unless of course you're extremely picky about noise. not that it's all that loud, but a third party cooler would be quieter.

@spanner_razor: i picked up a freezer 64 pro recently for my 4200+ but haven't installed it yet. it is definitely a good buy tho.
  3. I have heard that the fans that come with the Athlon X2s are decent for stock usage. If you OC at all you always want to use a aftermarket to help keep the CPU cool since when you OC you raise the TDP.
  4. RetroDude said:
    Sorta fits into this category, i was just wondering if the stock fan that comes with the processor is any good? Or would it be worth changing it out for something else? I wont be overclocking

Your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I have the same processor and stock fan and it is fine. My cpu runs between 35 adn 45 idle and about 55+ under load. On some mother boards it might be a tight fit. Just be careful when installing it.
  5. I love the stock heatpipe cooler on the X2 6000+...it looks a lot beefier than any other stock cooler I've seen...probably because it needs it...it keeps my cpu cool at around 29 degrees celsius at idle and mid 30s under load...
  6. It depends what 6000+ rev. you get... some have shiny copper rods... newer 65nm, don't.
  7. amdfangirl said:
    It depends what 6000+ rev. you get... some have shiny copper rods... newer 65nm, don't.

Yeah, the newer ones have dark colored copper pipes....
  8. Cheers guys, btw do you get thermal paste with the CPU? or is it worth getting a different type
  9. Yes, except its nicer to get something like AS5
  10. ok, thanks for that :D
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Fan AMD Processors