Sign in with
Your question

Memory card image display

Last response: in Storage
October 27, 2009 10:33:19 AM

I have a Emprex media box that allows memory cards and usb sticks contents to be shown on a TV.The box connects to the TV via RCA video and audio connections.I have an Olympus xD card
With 533 jpeg still images on.The box is jpeg compatable and can show stills as a sldeshow if set up to do so.When I connect the box it recognises the xD card but will not show any photos.I have tried a new photo on a new xD card and that shows on the box and TV.(The box supports video too)The Card with the 533 files on is 1GB.
When the card is connected to the PC via my still cam usb connection its H: drive
Shows the pics via a 100OLYMP folder in another folder named DCIM.I think that these folders are the reason that the media box is not showing the still images.The thing is how do I get rid of these folders from the xD card and keep the pics on it.If this is not possible how do I get them onto a usb memory stick to show them on the media box that way
a c 159 G Storage
October 27, 2009 12:51:06 PM

You should be able to just copy all the files from the <XD drive letter here>:\DCIM\100OLYMP\ folder to the root of a usb flash drive and try that.

So this media box does not allow you to change directories? it just plays from the root of the drive connected? If thats so, you will always have to move your files to the root of a usb stick or other memory card.

You can move them to the root of the XD card(cut and paste them), but then the camera may not see them.
October 27, 2009 7:47:58 PM

nukemaster said:
You should be able to just copy all the files from the <XD drive letter here>:\DCIM\100OLYMP\ folder to the root of a usb flash drive and try that.

So this media box does not allow you to change directories? it just plays from the root of the drive connected? If thats so, you will always have to move your files to the root of a usb stick or other memory card.

You can move them to the root of the xD card(cut and paste them), but then the camera may not see them.

Thanks for the quick reply.The media box does not allow directory change.I want to be able to show the xd card via the camera
as well.So the bottom line it seems is to copy all the stills either to another xD card or a usb stick and keep the xD card only for use with the media box and the original for use with the camera ?
a c 159 G Storage
October 27, 2009 11:36:34 PM

yes, that should work.

If the box can take an SD card, try that. SD cards are cheaper then XD last time I checked.
Related resources
!